Here we are. Went to the clinic this morning and got the protocol. Here is my schedule:
- April 3 - start Lupron
- April 8 - appointment with psychologist
- April 14 - clinic for blood and ultrasound
- April 15 - start gonal f with lupron
- April 18 - clinic for blood and ultrasound
- April 20 - clinic for blood and ultrasound
- April 22 - clinic for blood and ultrasound
- April 24 - blood and ultrasound, hcg injection
- April 25 - antibiotic
- April 26 - egg retrieval
- April 27 - start progesterone and wait to hear how the embies are doing...
Feeling so hopeful! I've decided to keep this info top secret. I have some friends and family who know about my if struggle. They know that we have had 3 failed IUI's and were planning to move on to IVF. The thing is, every time I went through an IUI and the result was negative I hated having to tell them. It felt like I was disappointing them and reliving how upset I was every time. I hate the pity that I saw in their faces. The way they would look at my son. I've been getting some questions from them about when I am starting IVF and I've deliberately been vague. I have only told my Mom (bff # 1), 2 of my colleagues who I consider to be very close as they both have had children due to IVF. I figure they could help me if I started freaking (a very likely possibility due to my self-diagnosed anxiety. Is it selfish of me to not tell the big fat Greek friends and family? I just want to go through this on my own with hubs and I feel like the support I get from the online community is more...meaningful? Does this make sense?
Hi... here from ICLW :)) I've just recently started IVF for secondary infertility and know how you feel about wanting to keep it secret... all the questions get a little much sometimes. Looking forward to sharing this roller-coaster ride with you xoxo
ReplyDeleteOooh so exciting!!! Good luck to you! And I don't blame you for keeping it secret. It IS hard to have to tell people when it doesn't end well. But it WILL end well this time!! :-)
ReplyDeleteI am so excited that you have your schedule! As long as you have a couple of people to help support you IRL you will be good to go!! Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand wanting to keep it secret. I don't think it is selfish at all. I was trying to do the same with my family but found out today that apparently they have read between the lines! They know I will be doing IVF, they just don't know when!
ReplyDeleteBtw, your ER is scheduled on my birthday! Hope it brings you luck!
Good luck! I am also on my first round of IVF and found your blog through ICLW (doing it for the first time as well). I'm also dealing with secondary infertility. Good luck keeping it quiet. I've got a big mouth. Seemingly everyone we know is aware of what I'm going through.
ReplyDeleteI understand that and always told very few people when we did treatments. Sometimes its easier to deal with the let down by yourself. GL!!
ReplyDelete