Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter, Update and Awards!

Welcome! If you are visiting from ICLW, please read our TTC history here.

Easter:

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Easter. We were very blessed with lots of food, family, friends and chocolate. On Saturday I was feeling terrible. I slept most of the day away but started to feel better later in the evening so we all got dressed and went to midnight mass. It was the first time little dude has stayed up late enough for the candle lighting ceremony at Church. He loved it. After church, we went to my mother in laws for the lamb soup and to crack eggs. On Sunday we went to my mother in laws again for the lamb on the spit. I had a funny feeling stuff was going on because I feel exactly like I felt when I was pregnant the first trimester with little dude.

I called my Godmother yesterday to wish her a happy Easter. Her and my Godfather never had children as my Godfather suffered with MFI. They decided to live child-free. I explained to her what I was going through with this IVF business and she got really choked up. Her advice: never give up. So I'm taking it.

IVF Update:

In short, I am exhausted. Sleep is my new best friend. I went to the clinic this morning and I now have 18 follicles and they are all growing, slowly but surely. Nurse L was very happy with the results (she told me the number of follies and their sizes but I can't remember exactly) and as of now, I will go back to the clinic on Wednesday for more blood and ultra sound. Waiting for the clinic to call with the blood results...Grow eggies! I am very happy about all of this and I don't think I could be here without all of my blogger friends...so thanks for all of your support!

Award:

So, I was awarded by several of my bloggy buds for this award:



Thanks Bridget, Krissi, and T! If you haven't visited their blogs, you totally should! I love them!

So, here's how it works:


1.Winners grab the image and put it in your blog.
2.Link back to the person who gave you it.
3.Tell 10 things about yourself
4.Award 15 recently discovered bloggers.
5.Contact the bloggers you have awarded to let them know they have won.


10 things about me:

1. I cannot get a tan. I spent most of my teenage years trying, but my pale skin only burns and doesn't really go brown. This really bothers me as a Greek as I don't have that typical olive complexion, I'm actually very pale.
2. I have watched The Young and The Resless since I was about 8. So almost 30 years!
3. I am gearing up to celebrate my 10th wedding anniversary (June 9th!)
4. I usually have to start the day off with a coffee, but have gone off it thanks to this IVF business.
5. I have 2 older brothers. Therefore, I don't take a lot of crap from people. I am very quick witted thanks to them.
6. I have a very loud laugh, and I snort. I've been told it's contagious.
7. I am not a shy person, but I am insecure.
8. I married my best friend.
9. I need to lose about 30 pounds.
10. I love to dance, but I hate going to the gym.

Here are my nominees for the versatile blogger award: (sorry, these are not all recently discovered but I love them!)

Lisa at The Pursuit of Pregnancy

Marilyn at Trying to Conceive
Jay at The Two Week Wait
Angela at Will Train for Cream Cheese Icing
Carmela at Lost in Translation (We say IVF, they say FIV)

Ok - that's only 5, but I am seriously tired!

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog & your kind words! Wishing you the best with this IVF cycle, 18 follicles is an amazing number! I completely understand the not tanning thing, I'm a redhead and typically just burn! Happy Easter & ICLW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW 18!!! I bet you are tired with all the drugs and hormones! Can't wait to hear when you're ready to trigger! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sending over my follicle growing vibes so they grow nice and big!

    I also just nominated your for the Blog Award because I think you are fab!

    Happy Tuesday, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. 18 is a great number!! I can't wait for the trigger!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.