Monday, April 18, 2011

Gong Show

Welcome to my world, and the morning from hell.

It's only 10am here in Toronto, but I have been on quite the adventure.

I had to go to the clinic today for blood and ultra-sound so I was up at 5:30. Got little dude's lunch packed and laid out his clothing for today. Since my parents are living with us, they get him up, washed, fed and take him to kindergarten.

Jumped in the shower, got ready for work and was right on time to leave at 6:30 only to discover that my keys were missing. After hunting for them (and cursing in every language I know of) for about 10 minutes, I called hubs only to discover that he had my keys.

No biggie, I decide to take my Dad's car, drive to the clinic, stop at hubs' school, get my keys and then head back to work for 9. Very zen at this point. So, off I head on my adventure.

I arrive at the clinic at 7:20. Usually, it takes me 10, maybe 15 minutes at most for blood and ultra-sound. Well, let me tell you, there were a lot of infertiles at the clinic today. The line up was out the door. By 8, I called home and told my Dad to walk little dude to school. By the time I left the clinic, it was 8:30. Headed to hubs' school to get my keys, got home at 9:25 to give my Dad his keys.

I called the school I was supposed to be at today from the clinic and spoke with the VP. Luckily, she's a fellow IF'r (with two kids! yay IVF!) so she just told me to take my time and not worry about being late. What a morning!

The clinic just called. It seems like there are no follicles that are really emerging. They are all being sleepy, thanks to my ass-kicking nightmare Lupron. So, starting tonight I lower the Lupron (ya, mon!) to 0.05 and keep the Gonal F at 225. Do you think this is a bad thing? As usual, I'm getting ahead of myself and thinking this is a failed cycle, which is pissing me off since Gonal F is super expensive. Argh.

Anyway, I know I should keep the faith and every one's body is different and to just let Dr. W do her thing and blah blah blah. So, there. That was my gong show of a morning, and the update on my sleepy uterus. Hopefully things will pick up in that department. I'm actually feeling a pain in my right ovary as I type this so I think by Wednesday we should have something (hopefully) to report!

I hope everyone else has had a more peaceful start to the week...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a rough morning. I dont much about those meds but I pray that you will have a bunch of gorgeous follicles pop up soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a crazy morning- you poor thing! I hope the change in meds makes all the difference and those follies start growing away!!

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.