Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hot, Hot, Hot!!!!!

If anyone ever asks me what kicks my ass I will tell them one word: Lupron.

The midol is wonderful for taking away the backache and the headache. Now I need a drug to tackle the new fun side effect: hot flashes.

It's like I kicked Lupron down for a round. And then Lupron was in the corner of the ring thinking it over and this is a glimpse of his thought process: "Hmmmm, that smart Greek teacher, she figured out how to get rid of the head-ache and the back-ache. What else can I pull out of my pocket? I know, my torch! Let me light this baby up and make her so hot she'll go even more crazier!" (And yes, I am aware that I just wrote "even more crazier" in the character of Lupron)

Today I would have been willing to take a cold shower in front of anyone. And I mean, anyone. If someone would have handed me a Delta faucet that extended, I would have gone for it. Stripped down and hosed myself down. Because, really, how the hell else do you handle a hot flash?

Tomorrow I start the stimulation drug of Gonal F. Good times, folks. Stay tuned for the battle of me and the synthetic hormones I am injecting into myself.

On another, positive note, according to my IVF protocol, I am only 12 days away from egg retrieval. And in all seriousness, there are worse things to go through than an IVF cycle. Aside from the hot flash, I am actually getting really excited about all of this.

Like, remember when I posted about the job I wanted and how it's crappy timing? I heard from a few of my colleagues who I think were scoping to see if I was applying and I am so glad to have not applied. I just feel so much better about it now. Work is like a political vortex and it feels so good to not get sucked in.

Also, I got a flyer in the mail today for Carter's/Osh Kosh and I actually looked at the baby clothing that they have on sale. Not the little boy stuff, the baby stuff. Because, you know, I just may need to get some because I actually may get pregnant.

There. I wrote it. I actually may get pregnant. I am finally allowing myself to dream it!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! So excited for you! Crossing fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugg hot flashes are never fun. Hope they end soon!! Yay for looking at baby stuff! Ive been praying hard that your dream comes true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hot flashes are the worst!! I can't believe ER is in 12 days!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.