Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday

Today for many of us around the world is Palm Sunday. It's early right now, and after I write this post I will be waking up hubs and little dude to get ready for Church. This traditionally has been one of my favourite days to go to church. I love the service and as a child I always loved getting my own palm leaves. Now that I'm an adult, I always make an Easter arrangement with flowers and some fake eggs and my palm leaves and this marks the beginning of the holy week for me.

Of course, being Greek we have to have some food for this great day. After service, we'll be having a big fish lunch with hubs' family, as this day starts the week of fasting for us.

Last night, I was reading the story of Palm Sunday to little dude from his Children's Bible and he loved it. What really struck me as sad was that as Jesus was entering Jerusalem, he wept, for he knew that troubled times were ahead. Even though all the people around him were so happy and hopeful...

In my life, I am so close to having all of my dreams come true. I have an amazing job, a good marriage and a healthy son. On Friday I found out that hubs has a very good possibility of getting a permanent job in teaching in September and with this IVF stuff we also have a good possibility of completing our family. On Friday night, I was so hopeful of both of those things happening. But, with 3 failed IUI's behind me, I keep catching myself from being too hopeful.

Today, I will light a Candle and pray for all of us, that all of our dreams come true. No matter how hard we have to fall to get there...

Happy Palm Sunday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I understand how you feel. Those past failures keep us from ever thinking something good could actually happen to US! I keep having to remind myself that God is in control. If it's His will, it will happen, if it's not won't. All I have to do is sit back and have faith. Easier said than done though, right?!

    Enjoy your Palm Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those feelings are only natural after dealing with IF. I have worries about fostering/adopting for the same reason. I worry it wont happen. I have a good feeling it WILL happen for both of us.

    Have a wondful Palm Sunday! <3

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.