Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Secret Calm

My last two posts have been about keeping this IVF round pretty much a secret except for my parents, hubs and 2 of my colleagues who had children through IVF, and the anxiety that I'm feeling about the process.

Tonight I met up with one of my best friends for sushi. We started trying for our second child around the same time and my friend got pregnant pretty much her third month trying. Her daughter is now 18 months old. She has been very into my ttc quest and the one person I usually can confide in the most. It felt so weird to be vague about IVF and to keep it from her. I just feel like this ALI community and blog is more meaningful to me than ever before.

Just writing how I feel, reading how you feel, reading your positive comments and success stories make me feel better. I started this blog almost a year ago and decided to give it the title The Daily Miracle in honour of the biggest miracle - Easter.

Being part of a big, fat Greek family, Easter is the most important time of the year. Time to reflect and think of re-birth. I wanted to remember that the world is full of miracles daily and to give thanks in honour of Easter, and thought this would be the best way for me to do that.

Today, when having dinner with my friend, I told her about how grateful I am for the one child I have, and how the pain of this has changed me, but also made me better. I truly feel confident and less stressed out than I did yesterday.

Thanks ladies...Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.