As you know, this Lupron business is making me feel like a PMS machine. If this is what menopause is going to be like, I don't know how my poor husband will survive. Headaches, backaches, misery and hungry all the time. Sheesh. In short, I am feeling a little crazy.
Last night, after my injection, I hung out in bed and watched tv and then crashed. Woke up bright and early to get to Dr W's in time for blood and ultrasound. Everything went fine, but I realized I forgot to pack myself some lady supplies that you need when it's that time of the month. Drove back towards work and stopped at the Grocery store and stocked up on pads and tampons and decided to buy something I've never bought before: Midol for menstrual pain. I think the male cashier was a little afraid of my purchase but I was beyond caring.
Before I got into work I transferred the lady supplies to my purse, but forgot about the midol. I was miserable all morning and was even feeling my anxiety. I was actually considering going home, but I really wanted to stay because of a math project I'm working on.
At lunch, I went to a local burger joint and ate (stuffed) a cheeseburger and a salad and chugged a bottle of water and popped two midol. About an hour later I was feeling great. In fact, I'm still feeling great.
Until today, the greatest debate of all time for me was, "What came first: the chicken or the egg?".
Ladies, I am pleased to say that the greatest debate for me is now this: "What cured the Lupron side effects: The Cheeseburger or The Midol?"
Have I single-handedly discovered the cure for all Lupron-related side effects?
This is like a mini-science project embedded into my IVF cycle. Tomorrow, I will only take the midol and see how I feel. The day after that, I will have a cheeseburger. I will keep you, my faithful readers informed on my journey.
I did say the Lupron was making me crazy, right?!
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




hahahaha! This is so great! It takes me back to my crazed, hot flash filled lupron days. That drug and I did not get along! I will be interested to see if it's the midol or cheeseburger!!
ReplyDeleteWhatever worked, glad you got some relief!!
ReplyDeleteSo funny! I hope you're still feeling good!
ReplyDelete