Sunday, April 3, 2011

Changed Me

This weekend was pretty good. Friday night we sat on the couch and poor hubs got roped into watching Say Yes To the Dress with me and my mom. Poor guy. Saturday we went to Costco where it was mental and we almost lost our minds. Little Dude got Tangled on Blue Ray and DVD combo pack. He was pretty excited about it. The little boy next door came over in the afternoon and little dude was showing it off and an interesting conversation occurred.
ld - "Look at my new movie, Tangled!"

j - "Eeeeew, that's a girl's movie!"

ld - "No, it's not. It's about the famous fairy tale Rapunzel. Don't you know the story?"

j - "No"

ld - "You know, you must have heard it! It's the one where they yell "Oh, Rapunzel, let down your HAIR!"

j - "no, I don't know it"

ld - "You mean your mom hasn't read you the fairy tales? Like Cinderella and Rapunzel?"

j - "No, my Mom doesn't really read to me"

ld - "Well, you are missing out! Let's watch it."

j - "OK!"

And then I was ordered to make popcorn so they could watch it. I'm a little proud of little dude. He rocks. Last night was date night...we drove in to the city and went to our favourite steak house. It was deelish. I had steak and crab.

This afternoon our friends came over for lunch and I was showing them some upgrades we did to our Master en suite. We were in our bedroom and our friend Ken was admiring our wedding photo. He mentioned that I've changed a lot (translation, I am 40 lbs heavier than I was on my wedding day and 10 years older).

Normally, that sort of comment would bother me but you know what? I have changed.

Yes, I'm a size 12-14 not a 8-10. Yes, I'm a teacher now and I wasn't then. I hold a masters degree. I'm a mom now. I'm a fighter. One of my best friends has cancer now. I almost lost both of my parents in the last 10 years. Life hasn't been a bed of roses. The first few years of my marriage were hard for me. I've been through a lot in the last 10 years, even without this infertility struggle. I am a changed girl from that beautiful 26 year old who truly believed the world was her oyster. So I have earned every pound that's changed me and every wrinkle that's changed me.

Changed me is a better me.

2 comments:

  1. Little Dude is SO cute!! My ld loved Tangled too!!

    I agree being changed isnt so bad. It means youve grown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I love our bulk store but that place is enough to make someone snap, OMG seriously people are crazy!
    Tangled was good, looks like he has good taste.
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.