Wow. I can't believe it's the 21st of April. Time is just a-flyin'! If it's your first time here and you are from ICLW please read our TTC history here.
This week, it feels like I have been living on an island that is all about infertility and eggs...
Infertilty:
Firstly, one of the teachers I work with (we'll call her L) has been trying to have a second baby for about 4 years now and we had a meeting on Tuesday afternoon and ended up just talking about our infertility. It felt so good to find someone IRL who feels the exact same things I do. I felt like I was coming out of the closet. I keep my IF business pretty private. I think friends and family know that something is going on, but don't know all the details because the people who are in my "circle of trust" keep pretty tight lipped about it.
Secondly, yesterday I got a message on FB that a friend of a friend (we'll call her E) sent me a message. E is suffering with IF. She has had 2 miscarriages and has been diagnosed with a unicorneate uterus. She sent me the link to 999 Reasons to Laugh at Infertility, told me it's cheered her up in her darkest moments and made her feel like she's not crazy. So it seems that I have my own little IRL infertility club happening!
Eggs:
In Egg news, I've got eggs everywhere I go. In a meeting with teachers this week, I learned what oviparous means. I also shared with my son a cadbury creme egg. We are colouring Easter Eggs tonight, and I am growing a bunch for sure. Last night, I had the unmistakable shifting and pain happening in my ovaries that means some stuff is going on down there.
Happy Thursday, everyone!
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




Sounds like you had a good week. I wish I had IF friends in the real world.
ReplyDeleteGrow eggies grow!!
Oh hey!! your story is so sweet:) Did your husband get a teaching degree too? I think I may want to do that too. I assisted a few classes in college. Second and Third grade was my favorite. Yes..we do seem to be in the same timeline. I will be following your journey:)Good Luck too:) this is some crazy stuff we are going through!!!
ReplyDeleteI wish I had some IF friends in real life. The few I have are not nearby. But for some reason I can't stop blathering on about IF with everyone in my real world life. I'm sure they wish I'd just hush.
ReplyDeleteGood luck and grow eggies grow!
I'm glad you have some good support IRL, that helps a lot!
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how many people you discover are dealing with IF when you start talking about it. I was carpooling with someone to a school meeting a couple days before I was having a hysteroscopy and just laid it all out there, and all the sudden she started telling me her IF story. We even went to the same RE. I so wish that it was easier to find people like that in real life. So glad that you did!
ReplyDeleteHere from ICLW. Your follicle count sounds great! Hope this is it for you!
ReplyDelete