Well, we made it! We woke up bright and early to be at the clinic for 8am. When we arrived, I was ushered into a private waiting room with my very own lazy boy recliner and then promptly hooked up to an iv. Dr W arrived a little late, as a marathon caused some road closures in the city. Soon, we were in Procedure Room A.
I had a lovely nurse to coach me along, the ultra-sound lady, the nurse holding the tubes and the vials and of course, Dr W. Poor hubs was given a seat at the back of the room where he could catch a glimpse of the lab. They showed me the ultra sound screen as they pulled the eggs out. Thanks to the drugs, I was very relaxed, even cracking jokes.
And guess what? They retrieved 25 of them. Just call me Marianne The Hen.
Of course, some of them were very, very small so obviously they won't all be fertilized. After a brief stint in the recovery room, hubs was ushered to his room to produce the goods. He was very fast. I was impressed with his finesse. He explained the room was equipped with aids.
A little while later they came to tell us the sample was great, with a great count and great motility.
We left and on the drive home stopped in Greek Town for spanakopita and coffee. Came home, and I've been sleeping off and on all day.
Hopefully our babies are growing right now at the lab! Will keep you posted as I get the updates from the nurses. Tomorrow I am going to Dr W's for training of progesterone shots. But the best part of today is nooooooo injections!!!
Hope everyone else is doing well and had a good weekend!
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




that is great news!! Can't wait to hear how many fertilized!!!
ReplyDeletePraying for your embies!!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! Your ovaries are champs!! I hope you have an awesome fertilization report! Take it easy! Good luck!
ReplyDelete25?!? WOW! congrats!!! that's so awesome! i hope at least one of them is a take home baby!
ReplyDelete25 is awesome!!!!! So happy for you and can't wait to hear the report on how many are fertilized!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! 25!!!!! Thats amazing!! Cant wait to hear about your embies. Get some rest.
ReplyDelete