Friday, May 20, 2011

Awkward and Beta 2 Results

Still feeling like this is all surreal. If you ever were to meet me in real life, I am a very outgoing person. I am the person who can talk to anyone at a party. I love hearing people's life stories and I like making people feel comfortable in my presence. So, when I started to going to Dr. W's office over a year ago, I made friends with all the ultra-sound techs, the blood lab techs, the nurses, the receptionist and of course, Dr w. I even made friends with women in the waiting room. See, I just don't understand why women don't talk to each other at Infertility Clinics. We are all sisters, all in this fight together.

It shouldn't have surprised me then, when I walked in, everyone was there as usual. But this time, it was like I was Norm on Cheers. Everyone was congratulating me, hugging me and asking me how I was feeling. I felt so uncomfortable. All I could think about were the women and men who were sitting in the chairs waiting to be called in for blood, ultrasound, or their appointment. Nurse L actually grabbed Nurse M, who was with a patient and interrupted her to tell her my news. Nurse M hugged me, and again, I felt really bad for the patient she was with.

I just want everyone who reads this blog to know that I haven't and never will forget how it feels to be waiting for that BFP, how it feels to wait in that chair in that clinic. For such a long time, I lurked at blogs because I thought that since I already had a child I couldn't really be considered infertile. With all of your struggles and journeys I started to realize I was, in fact, infertile, not alone and that there was hope at the end of the tunnel. It pains me to write my joyful news knowing that some of my friends are still fighting.

For those of you who are number junkies, today's Beta # is 1483, which is very promising, according to Nurse L. I go back for more bloodwork on Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic result... looking forward to hearing all your good news and, as one of those mums in the waiting room, mums like you are an inspiration and I always smile inside when I see that other couple have got a BFP :)) Love always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous post. I've had similar experiences, and just cringed when people were excited over my pregnancy, and now daughter, knowing that so many others are hurting.

    Congrats on your pregnancy!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great number!! I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.