Yesterday was much better than Sunday, I find laughing is the best way to make it through the two week wait. I am now 4 days past the 5 day transfer and there's not much to report. The two week wait is so anti-climactic in a way. All those shots and side effects, daily ultra-sounds, egg retrieval and then embryo transfer and then - BAM! You are on your own with all your thoughts and fears allowed to have time to come to the surface.
While the internet has totally been a blessing for me up to this point, it's actually becoming my Achilles heel. I find myself googling symptoms to see if I am where I should be, which the logical part of me knows is ridiculous since no two women are alike and neither are their pregnancy symptoms. I just feel a little bloated, my boobs look humongous (they hurt sometimes), my lower back hurts at times, I have the occassioanl cramping, and yesterday my right ovary was twinging of and on all afternoon. Whether this means anything or not - who knows?
Today all I feel is the bloat, my ta-ta's look huge and I've got the lower back pain. Oh, and where my dh injects the PIO feels very tender and bruised. Anyway, I have decided to stop over-analyzing everything and to just take this day by day. I've been doing my Circle and Bloom meditations, talking to the embies and snuggling a lot with DS.
The best thing to keep my mind off all of this, however, is laughter. So I will be
trying to laugh out loud today while I park it in my bed and on the couch. There must be some funny shows on!
Take care of yourselves, we will make it through this struggle!
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




I googled everything, every day that I was waiting after my IVF- it's hard not to! Glad you are feeling better and laughter is always good!
ReplyDelete