Hi Friends,
If you are here from ICLW, you can read our quest to conceive here.
Today in Ontario is a holiday. It's Victoria Day! We celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday by lighting fireworks. Or, if you happen to be me this year, you finish packing up your house, do some work for work and hang out at Starbucks to partake in ICLW!
Yesterday I went to the clinic again for blood test #3. After I left, my mother and I headed to my cousin's daughter's 5th birthday party. (Poor Tom stayed at the house to pack) It was at a farm with pony rides and a petting zoo. Little dude had so much fun with his cousins and buddies. I couldn't keep my new secret for too long - I told a couple of my cousins and a couple more friends, but I warned them that it was still super early. According to Dr. Google, I am only 5 weeks pregnant. While at the party, I got a call from Nurse J at the clinic.
The Beta number is well over 4000. I forget the exact number. She was really happy and told me that the number is more than doubling, which is what they like to see. She then told me to keep up the pio shots (ouch!), and to come back the clinic next Sunday for a 4th beta blood test. If that test shows that the pregnancy is looking good (please God!) then they will set up an ultra-sound in one or two more weeks. So, we won't have an ultra-sound until at least 2 weeks from now.
On the move front, we are almost finished packing. Hubs has given me a couple of hours this morning to do some work for work here at Starbucks. I will also be visiting some new blogs for ICLW - hee hee! My brother C came and got my Mom yesterday. She's staying with him, my 2 year old neephew and my pregnant sil for the month of June in Niagara Falls (about 2 hours away). My Dad is finishing off a basement for one of his clients so he will stay at our house with bare necesseties until May 30th when the new owners get possession of our house and then he will move in with my Aunt and Uncle while he finishes the basement. Then, Mom and Dad are off the Vancouver to visit my oldest brother T, sister in law and nephew for July and August.
We all get our brand new houses at the end of the summer! So excited!
Last night we slept at the in-laws for the first time. Little Dude is having a ball. My in-laws are amazing. My mil is very amazing person. I will write a post about her soon. So, hubs is packing, I'm writing, baby is cooking, Little Dude is with Yia Yia and Pappou and we just may get everything done to enjoy those fireworks!
Take care, everyone!
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




Wow you have a lot going on right now! So happy to hear good beta numbers!!
ReplyDeleteYay for good numbers!! Im glad the move is going well, it can be so stressful. You sound like you are in an amzing place!! So happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the amazing numbers! :)
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! Congrats on such a great Beta!! Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months!!
ReplyDeleteHere from ICLW -
ReplyDeleteHow exciting that your numbers are doubling. You know, it's really nice to read about other people who have these experiences and understand what that means. Too often I feel like I'm speaking a foreign language.
We were in that exact spot just two months ago and I remember the excitement and the nerves! I'm sure it will all be wonderful and I look forward to reading all about your journey.
Nikki
I can't wait to follow the next nine months! Praying for a calm and peaceful nine months.
ReplyDeleteGreat numbers, glad that all is going well. looking forward to following your journey. As I'm a new follower, I'm not sure whether you have done this post or not but I would love it if you did a post on how your Greek-Canadian background acknowledges (or not) IVF. I know as a Greek-Australian it's a taboo subject and have many tales to tell.
ReplyDeleteOh I'm so happy to hear that things are going well. It sounds like even though you're busy, you've got it all figured out. Enjoy the day and the amazing Beta results!!!
ReplyDelete