I received a voice mail about 11:30 this morning from Nurse M. Here is the breakdown:
Of the 22 from yesterday, 4 arrested. That means they didn't make it. And I quote Nurse M. She is very serious about all of this.
Of the 18 remaining, 11 are growing slowly. They are only at 2 cells and the lab will continue to monitor them.
5 are right on target at 3-4 cells
2 are 5 cells, moving ahead of the rest of the pack.
So, 7 are where they should be...is this good? Bad? I am worrying about them. I want to go and sit on them like a hen and keep them warm and tell them to grow!!!
I need to relax about all of this, I know. No one told me how worried I would be. The clinic we are with believes pretty much exclusively on 5 day transfers of blastocyts. Tomorrow we get the final report and then Thursday I go for an ultrasound of my lining...Friday is transfer day!
In other news, hubs injected me this morning with progesterone. It hurt, I bled, we yelled at each other. Things can only go up from here!
I am trying to not shut myself off from the rest of the world. There was an election yesterday and I voted, I am cooking up a storm and immersing myself in work. Tonight I am packing up some of my kitchen cupboards. Oh, and tuning in to Dancing With The Stars to see who gets voted off.
Take Care, everyone!
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




I would say it's good. Seven is a great number. My clinic is more into 2-3 day transfers, I think they only go up to day 5 if you have enough embryos that you will still have enough left over at the end... (this sounds horrible when I write it like that). I can relate to the hen feeling! I'll have to call the embryologist in a few minutes to hear if our lonely frosty survived the thaw - if so, transfer will be in about two hours from now!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds very good! The others may catch up, too! It's so hard NOT to worry about your babies. I bet you'll have several great ones to work with! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDelete