Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bad News and Good News

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot."
~ Michael Althsuler
Motivational speaker

I like this quote because it reminds me that you have to take the good with the bad and you also have to remind yourself not to let the shit get you down.

Things were looking really good for us until the weekend, when we found out that the people who bought our house may not actually firm up on the deal. Sunday afternoon and evening were spent with our agent trying to work with their agent to get the kinks ironed out. We thought we were all good until Monday afternoon when the kinks reappeared. We didn't hear anything yesterday so now we don't know if the house is sold or not.

Needless to say, this stress is insane. Yesterday I was not a happy woman. I just want an end result at this point, either way.

I also have made a decision to stop seeing my trainer as I just won't/don't have the time to commit to the diet and workout plan that she sees for me. My parents are moving on March 14th and I have to help them and then, if this deal goes through, pack my house for May 31st. I just don't have the time and superwoman powers to do everything.

Sorry if the first part of this post started like a downer. Not everything is bad in life.

Good Stuff that will crack you up:

1. Yesterday at school I learned it was Justin Beiber's birthday. It was a big day for tweens and hormonal girls all over the world.


2. Little dude cracked me up last night when he randomly asked me if I know what karma was. I asked him what it meant and he told me that when you do good, you feel good and good stuff happens and when you do bad stuff, bad stuff happens to you. I told him he was right and I asked him where he learned it and he replied "Johnny Test" (a cartoon on teletoon channel!) Oh well, at least he's learned something.

3. My DH did the laundry yesterday without being asked. So in love with that man, it's ridiculous.

4. Read my son an awesome book last night called Mama Says, a Book of Love for Mothers and Sons. This is a fabulous gift for anyone who has a son. I will definitely be buying it for all my mommy friends who have boys. A beautiful, sophisticated text with a message about the kind of boy I want to raise.




5. It's the 100th day of school! My superintendent gave me the morning off to volunteer in my son's JK class. He is taking 100 pieces of Lego that him and his dad built last night. They are going to be doing a bunch of 100 day centres. I can't wait!




6. Last but not least, I won a free donut from the local Tim Horton's. Yes folks, a free donut. Life is good.



Cheers to a glass half-full sort of day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your stress. I LOVE your list of positives though! It's awesome that you can find so many good things - and the little things - in life even though you're feeling stressed.

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.