Monday, March 21, 2011

Welcome, March ICLW

Welcome, welcome everyone! I don't know about you, but I am so happy that it's spring. If it's your first time here, here is a timeline of our TTC quest.

I met my husband in February of 1998 and it was basically love at first sight. Our parents were thrilled that their Greek babies fell in love to continue the Greek blood for their future grandchildren. Visions of proudly watching their future grandchildren at Greek dances and driving them to and from Greek school played in their minds.

June 2001 - my big fat Greek wedding occur ed, with a live 12 piece orchestra. Many plates were cracked and the party lasted until 4 am.


September 2003 - I announce to my family that I am quiting my 6 figure corporate sales training job to go back to school to get my Master's in Elementary Education. My parents and in-laws freak out because I am 29 at this point and don't have a baby. I assure them not to worry, I have plenty of time to have children.

September 2004 - I finish my masters and become a contract teacher. I teach Grade 5 and I love it.

September 2005 - I become a permanent teacher and teach a grade 4/5 split. I love it. We decide since my job is permanent, we should probably try to have a baby.

January 2006 - first month trying, no luck

February 2006 - we try again and voila! We are pregnant!!!

October 2006 - happiest day of my life. After 37 hours of labour and an emergency c-section, I give birth to our son, Stathis. He is named after my father in law. My parents can't wait for us to have another one, to have one named after them.

May 2007 - My husband quits his job to follow in my foot steps to become a teacher.

December 2008 - My husband is finished his schooling and lands his first teaching job.

January 2009 - we decide to try for baby # 2. No luck.

January 2009 - October 2009 - we continue trying with no luck. I am concerned and mention this to my family doctor. I explain that we have used OPK's and aren't having luck. He refers us to an RE.

December 2009- we meet for our first consultation with Dr. W, our RE. She orders a battery of tests.

January 2010 - test results are in, everything looks ok on my side, although I ovulate a small egg. Hubs has a low count and low motility. We are told that we can become pregnant again, but it won't happen naturally in our bedroom. I am devastated. We decide to try IUI.

June 2010 - our first medicated IUI cycle - Big Fat Negative

July 2010 - our second medicated IUI cycle - Big Fat Negative

July 2010 - my fist visit to a Naturopath. I spend a small fortune on herbs and attend several acupuncture sessions.

August - October 2010 - taking a break, as per the Naturopath's instructions. She tells me I have a cold uterus. I start to wonder what the heck I am doing and stop seeing the naturopath.

November 2010 - back to Dr. W for another medicated IUI cycle - Big Fat Negative.

January 2011 - follow up with Dr W. where I tell her it's time to send the big guns in, sign me up for IVF.

February 2011 - we attend a workshop about IVF. We are ready to do this.

March 2011 - IVF consult completed with Dr. W, currently having a bunch of tests re-done. IVF scheduled for May-June of 2011.

So, this blog is basically a forum where I remember that along with the horrible infertility I have many wonderful things in my life. I am married to an amazing man who loves me and supports me no matter what. I have a son who I adore and who amazes me every day. I have parents and in-laws and siblings and cousins who keep me busy and a great network of friends. I figure in a life so perfect, the Gods on Olympus had to give me a struggle.

6 comments:

  1. Hi there. I'm visiting from ICLW and just wanted to say hello and good luck! I'm a fellow teacher and mama who most likely isn't too far away from trying again for #2. I'm so hoping that IVF is the answer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you revamp your blog?!? It looks great! Did Aly do it? She's so good!

    Thank your for your comment. I am in shock. Total shock. I truly thought my ovaries were more effective at preventing pregnancy than the pill!

    I need to know from everyone out here what the heck to expect! Announcing pregnancy in the IF world feels wrong, but everyone has been wonderfully supportive. Thank you so much for being part of that!

    AP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Stopping in for ICLW. Best of luck with your upcoming IVF cycle - I hope your parents get their namesake soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog is adorable! good luck with your IVF cycle! i'll definitely be following the progress. thanks for stopping by my blog, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes with your IVF. I am currently PUPO with twins from my cycle and will find out Monday if it worked. It's so exciting. Your time will be here soon. It's a lot of waiting, but then things go very quickly!

    ICLW 149

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here from ICLW. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble completing your family. My mother had a ton of trouble between me and my sister and I've always worried I would too. I know how hard that can be. I hope you find your way to baby number 2 soon! Good luck!

    ICLW #95

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.