Monday, March 7, 2011

Random Compliment

Today, I see myself a little differently.

Yesterday we went to see the model of the new house we bought. I just love it! I so can't wait for the end of August to move in and make it my own! Our sales rep at the builder's office was so glad to hear that we sold our house and he couldn't believe that we made the money we made off the house. In Toronto, real estate is fairly expensive. We had a slight dip in the market in the fall of 2008 to winter of 2009. That was when we bought this house for a steal. Two years later, we made a pretty hefty profit as the market is now shooting back up again. The sales rep looked at DH and I and said - "You two have got balls to do what you did."

What a random compliment. I never really thought of it like that, but yes. I think DH and I do have that sort of trail blazing spirit in us. We both quit our 6 figure salaries to become teachers. I will write about that at another time in another post.

Dh is great at constantly reminding me not to give a crap what other people think, and I follow his advice for the most part.

Have you ever received a random compliment that caused you to look at yourself in a different way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.