Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Knowing Yourself

I know myself. These are things about me that I know for sure, a la mighty Opes (Oprah)

1. If you put cheese in front of me, I will eat it.
2. I love HGTV.
3. I have watched the Young and The Restless since I was about 8. I know every story line and family tree. At work, people actually seek me out to clarify confusion over story lines.
4. I love watching Jersey Shore. And yes, I have a Master's Degree. I love those crazy kids!
5. I have to start the morning with a coffee or I am a wicked bitch.
6. When I get into a good book, I can't stop reading it. (Reading Voyager by Diana Gabaldon and can't put it down at the moment)
7. I look down on teachers who yell at students, especially one on one. It's ok to raise your voice to get control of the whole class, but children should not be yelled at. No. Matter. What.
8. I love the fact that DS is old enough to watch movies with me. I am a cartoon junkie. Moms Needs Mars this weekend.
9. I love text messaging.
10. I stress out at the thought of moving, but will have moved nine times in the last 11 years by the time I get possession of my house in August.
11. I am sure that I have anxiety, but am too proud to talk to a doctor or councilor about it.

Because of 10 & 11, I have decided to put off IVF until my cycle in May. We move May 31st, and Dr W wants to put me on the long protocol. This cycle, I am expecting CD 1 to be on March 11. We are out this cycle due to testing (HSG, bloodwork, SA and psychologist appointment). That means we could start CD1 April 8. Seven weeks from that date takes me to May 27. I am unclear if that is the BETA date or not. And then we move May 31st. Better for me to wait until CD1 May 6 and then start the three weeks of BCP. I will talk with her about it when I see her on the 16th for my HSG.

In other news, March Break starts on Friday! Woohoo! A whole week off work. I can't wait! Even though the first part will be spent helping my parents move in here, it's still nice to not have to go to work for a week!

2 comments:

  1. I hate to admit it but I love Jersey Shore too. Any bad tv really lol.
    I think its smart to wait. Less stress = success. Like that I just made it up lol. Sorry Im in a silly mood. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so, I don't regularly watch Days of our Lives, but if I do happen upon it, I still know exactly what's going on thanks to my high school obsession! And, I know that the announcer crooning, "Like Sands Through the Hourglass," will always remind me of that time (and my mom...she is obsessed!)

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.