Went to the clinic yesterday and things are progressing quite well. Gonal F injections seem to be out of the bizzaro world and in my universe now. Also went to see an Acupuncturist yesterday near my house. It was awesome. She specializes in IF and gave me a few pointers about treatments and was basically a wonderful person to just chat with about IF. Going back to see her once I know more details about the IUI.
Yesterday it was announced that IVF will be funded in Quebec and then it was on the news that Ontario, the province where we live, is considering funding it. They had people call in on the news and give their opinion. I was pleased at the rather overwhelming support to fund IVF from people who were fertile and infertile. Even the news-casters seemed quite educated and sensitive to the subject. Go, infertility community! At least people are starting to understand that infertility is a medical condition. And according to our univeral healthcare plan, we are all entitled to medical care. Right now, IVF is only funded in Ontario if your tubes are blocked. One caller made the point that that is unfair for those couples who suffer from male factor infertility. The problem is that some people feel that since infertility is not life threatening, it should't be a priority.
After the show, I had a chat with my mom and she told me that she feels so bad for me because I seem so much more "sad" than I used to be. This IF gig is starting to get to me. It occupies my headspace and I need to STOP obsessing.
I go back to the clinic tomorrow for more bloodwork and another ultra-sound and then we'll see what they want us to do next. I have a feeling IUI will take place Sunday or Monday and then I have the 2WW. I saw my friend today and we were talking about it and we decided that I just need to come up with a very big list of things to do during the 2WW.
I will come up with the list and publish it on this blog to see if I can inspire any one else to stay busy and positive during this challenging battle. Right now, I have to sign off to do some work for my course.
Namaste
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment
A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.