Thursday, July 8, 2010

Chill Out, Sista! & What the heck is on TLC these days?

First of all - thank you "Bummed Uterus" for giving me a shout out yesterday! You made my day!
On with today's post:

Sometimes I think God sends me little messages. Yesterdays message was, "Chill out, Sista." I live in a suburb east of Toronto and it is HOT. And I am probably the only southern Greek in the world who cannot handle the heat and the sun. So, yesterday was spent indoors in air conditioning, and then at Old Navy. Because when it's hot, I tend to lose my s*it.

Last night, my little dude had soccer. It's hilarious to watch 10 3-4 year olds run around with the soccer ball. My little dude is confused as to why the team doesn't have a goal keeper and is always in net, even though my husband and I and Coach Glen yell at him all the time to chase the ball. I have been told that willfull toddlers turn into leaders when they get older, so I'm hoping that is the case with my son. Again, I heard the message to chill out - he's only almost 4 and will have lots of time to perfect his soccer game.

Then, when I got home, the plan was that my husband would bathe little dude and put him to bed and then go to his parents (they are in Greece at the moment) to water their lawn and I was going to work on my Librarianship course that I am taking online. Anyway, when we got home, the sprinkler was on next door and the two kids who live there were running through it and of course little dude was invited to run in the sprinkler with the kids. My hubby told me to go in to work on my course which I really didn't feel like doing. So, I log on and there was a message that the web site was down! Yahoo! And the message - "you can chill out now, sista"- came from above!

I went into the family room and my mother was watching TLC. Now, I'll be honest with everyone and no one can judge me for this. I have time right now for only two shows. The first one is The Young and The Restless which I have been watching for almost 30 years so if you ever have a question or need a trivia partner for Y & R, I'm your girl. The second one is the Bachelor/Bachelorette. Mostly because I love laughing at the idiocy of the show. It's mindless smut. But back to TLC.

My mother was watching I Didn't Know I was Pregnant. Has anyone seen this show? It was horrific. There was one woman who was 45 and had her tubes tied and had a baby in one day. And another, who was breastfeeding and working out like a maniac and her belly kept getting bigger, she didn't put two and two together to figure out she was pregnant. That show is totally bizzare. I was half horrified and half fascinated. My mother and I were cracking up laughing. Don't judge us. It was like a trainwreck. I didn't want to see it but I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. So after that bizarre show was over, another one began. Toddlers and Tiaras. What the f*ck? Are you kidding me? As an elementary teacher and someone who is big on the rights of children, I was disgusted and had to turn the tv off. I can't believe that crap is allowed on tv. But the I didn't know I was pregnant, I have to say, I loved that s*it.

Mom just told me that they are going to have a new show on Monday night called Mystery Pregancies or something like that. This poses a very real dilemma for me. Bachelorette or TLC?

Anyway, my plan for today is to try to get some organization done in terms of diet, fitness and goal setting. I've written a long to do list (I live to-do lists) and am going to start tackling it. I figure I want to keep my mind as occupied with non-fertility stuff as possible and I really need to start eating healthy and keeping up with my fitness in order to save my sanity. I am also very proud that I figured out how to add the blogs I'm following onto my sidebar. Go, me!

Have a good day to all in the universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.