Friday, July 16, 2010

Just the Two of Us...

Signs are everywhere for me on this road of infertility. I went to the clinic again today and things are still progressing nicely and it loooks like IUI # 2 will happen on Sunday and then again on Monday. Fingers crossed. As I was driving home, I turned on our street and I saw an old lady and an old man out for a walk. They were quite elderly, I would say in their eighties. What I loved was that she had her arm linked in his and they were strolling together. It got me thinking about my own marriage and how important it is to nurture it.

At the end of this life, the craziness will go away. My parents and in-laws will one day pass away, our son and any other future children we have will move off to have lives of their own, we will retire and then it will only be Tom and I. And I really, really want us to be that couple that I saw today on the street. So many times, these days, I find our lives are all about other things and other people and we don't spend enough time on just us.

For that matter, finding time for myself is almost impossible. I guess what I think God was trying to tell me again was to remember that no matter how things end up, it will one day be just the two of us...and to always take care of myself...

Peace out universe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.