Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Back Again

Today I went back to the fertility clinic for my day 3 bloodwork and ultrasound. I met with the nurse who told me that I have 11 follicles - 6 on one side and 5 on the other. They were going to wait for my blood to come back and then decide on the dosage of gonal f. Apparently the nurse and dr were not pleased with how many eggs I produced last time. I had a conversation with the nurse about the reality of my situation and my husband's sperm count and she told me that if they can get 3-5 good eggs produced she thinks we are the perfect candidates for IUI. If it doesn't work this month or the next month we decide to go for it, then she thinks IVF is our best bet. I was really just wondering if IUI is just a big, fat waste of time and would love to hear some other opinions about it.

I got a call from the clinic after I got home and was told to up my dosage to 150 IU every day until Saturday. And now they also know that once I have a follicle measuring 1.3 that I start to surge, they are giving me the shot to stop ovulation earlier than last month.

My husband was really pleased to hear these results as he thinks we both just need a little boost. It was nice to have someone to share in the optimism of what may be!

Today is the first day that I actually feel that I am on summer vacation, even though I am taking a course and have a million things to do. I also found out that another woman at the clinic I go to who also has a little boy lives in the next town over, just 5 minutes away so we are going to get some iced coffees, pack our coolers, and take the little dudes to the water park in my neighbourhood next week.

Thanks for stopping by and being supportive! I do love reading other blogs and I want to get mine looking a little more fancy than it does right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.