Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day - Almost

Here in Toronto we got wolloped with a wicked storm that was travelling through the US. Last night, I was excited at the thought of having an impromptu snow day at home. Visions of making a hearty soup, baking cookies and lying on the couch watching daytime tv and reading my Diana Gabaldon book played a dance on my heart.


No such luck. I live in a suburb in Toronto and in my area the schools are open. F*%*!!!! As I'm not a classroom teacher I get to take my time getting in to work today. So, I'm watching the Today Show, folding laundry and taking my time to get in to school.

Things have been busy with work. I am finally getting my diet and work outs in order. The activity and feedback on our house has been steady, so I think it will sell fairly soon. I will be soooo glad once it's sold. It's such a stress on my life. Keeping the house spotless, waiting to hear what the people think...the house next door to us sold for two thousand less than asking, so that puts us in a good position.

Also adding to the stress - the Clear Blue Digital ovulation kit. I hate it. You pee, you wait, it flashes and then - NO HAPPY MOCKING FACE. I am on cycle day 15 or 16 and still haven't had my LH surge, which is weird for me. I think the stress of the month is taking it's toll on me. So, now I'm stressed about me not ovulating. This battle is just driving me nuts!!!

So, universe - you are wreaking havoc on my positive and sunny disposition, but you will not win. Today I am going to just focus on the positives in my life and now worry about the stuff that it bigger than me. Oh, and I think I am going to finally get my bushy eyebrows waxed and a manicure and pedicure. Because I am soooo worth it!!! Also, I will cook a yummy meal for DH and Little Dude and have an enjoyable evening at home with them.

So there, universe. Suck it.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you didnt get a snow day. I never get one bc i work from home. My dh and ds are off today and were yesterday too. Good for you for staying positive! Hope you get your smiley face soon!!

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.