Friday, February 4, 2011

Damn You, Mocking Happy Face

After last month's appointment with Dr. W, I had a sliver of hope after hearing that DH's count and motility were up. So, off I went to Wal Mart and I purchased this for $50.




It says on the pack that if you have a 28 day cycle, you start peeing in a cup on cycle day 11. I figured I would start on CD 12. As of today, NO MOCKING HAPPY FACE.

So I have either stressed myself to the point where I am not ovulating or I missed my LH surge. And now I am worrying about this. I thought DH was the one with the problem, not me. I am trying to rationalize myself through this.

This is a snippet of inner dialogue:

Day 12 - Self, don't worry. You will get the mocking happy face tomorrow.
Day 13 - same as above
Day 14 - Hmmm, this is strange, I thought I would have seen the mocking happy face by now. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.
Day 15 - Look at that! Still no mocking happy face. And, come to think of it, there has been no EWCM this cycle.
Day 16 - same as above
Day 17 - same as above
Day 18 - WTF???? I just spent $50 to try this conception thing au naturel because DH's swimmers are finally relocating their internal GPS system and now I don't have an egg. That's just swell. Murphy's law and all that crap.

So now, dear readers. It is 9:17pm on a Friday night and it's freezing in Toronto and I am actually considering going out and buying another 7 sticks.

Damn you mocking happy face!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no. I hate it when that happens. When do you usually O? I start mine on cd 10 usually. Hope u didnt miss it. I got my new pack in the mail since my other box were duds.

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.