Well, Friday night I finally got the answer to the mystery between myself and the mocking happy face. It turns out that I had missed my LH surge. I actually got my period Friday night, which means that I surged around CD 10... will keep that in mind this cycle. I was actually elated when I got my period Friday night...I was all "take that, bitch!" (to the happy mocking face)and fist pumping on the toilet.
Saturday morning, at around 11, I realized that getting my period actually means that I am NOT pregnant. Shit.
As for the IVF update, we went to the city and listened to a lecture for 2 hours on how IVF works. It was fascinating. First, the doctor spoke, then the embyologist and then the nurse. I can't believe that my body made my son all on it's own without the help of modern technology...but at least there is solace in numbers. There were about 50 couples at the IVF workshop. At first, I was freaked out, and then I realized that I could do this. This could work for us. And then I felt at peace.
I am really hoping that we can start IVF approximately 8 weeks from now. I am going to have to check out the financials this week. We have our IVF consult with Dr. W on Feb 24th, and will need to get all of our tests done again. These things take time, but I would rather try IVF before the summer holiday as I would like to hopefully be pregnant sooner rather than later. Oh, and I do hope this house sells soon! We had some more showings, but no offer as of yet.
On Saturday night, I called my friend C to see how she's doing. In August, she told me she was going to have surgery as a growth had been found on her thyroid. All biopsies showed the growth was benign. Well, biopsies were wrong. After the surgery last week, and at 31 years of age, she is fighting cancer. I can't believe it. Surgery tomorrow (Valentine's day) to remove the rest of the tumour and her thyroid, and bloodwork to see if it's spread to the lymph nodes. I just can't believe it. I was a mess yesterday after she told me. Nothing like some perspective to smack you across the face. She's married to my brothers' best friend and they have a daughter who just turned 8.
Tomorrow I will be praying for my friend that they clean it all out and that it hasn't spread and I really want to make a committment to my health...stay tuned...
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




Sorry about AF :( I hope things line up for you to do IVF! Good luck to your friend. Hugs!
ReplyDelete