Here are some updates -
Weekend update:
On Sunday, my mother and I attended my cousin's bridal shower. She's 43. Getting married for the first time to F, an Italian dude. They are adorable. Now, I have been married for almost 10 years. I was 26 when we tied the knot. My parents and his parents shared the cost of the wedding, so I just went with whatever my mother and mother in law wanted. I had 5 bridesmaids and felt that was too many, but my mom and mil insisted on who to put in the bridal party.
Now, at 36, if I were to get married, I would do it all differently. My wedding would be like the one Carrie had when she finally married Mr. Big in the Sex and The City. Except we would still get married in a Greek Church, but then have brunch after and I would go to Greece for my honeymoon but not see any relatives. (see, they are very similar?!) I always thought my cousin would be the same. I thought we were attending an intimite shower at a country club.
It was massive. Like, 200 women massive. She introduced her bridesmaids. 14 of them. Now, my family just lapped this all up like a prime rib dinner for free on a Sunday.
So, since it was massive, every single person in the Greek community was there and yes, every single person in the Greek community asked me this:
Marianna, how old is Stathis? Four already? When are you going to have another one? Your mother needs a little girl named after her!
I just said we're working on it. My mom kept rubbing my back and holding my hand. I could tell she was getting really upset about it for me. And then, rockstar that she is, she started aksing the ladies who were bothering me if they had gained weight and patting their bellies. I love my mom. She so kicks ass.
In other random news:
We go for our IVF consult on Thursday afternoon.
I haven't lost a pound since the new year. I need to get my diet under control and my treadmill fixed. I have been organized tonight and have my lunch for tomorrow already packed and hard bolied eggs and fruit ready for breakfast....
We have a showing booked on the house tomorrow - please let these be the people who buy the house!!!!
I didn't buy the OPK this month - just decided to throw caution to the wind and so the horizontal rumba when we feel like it!!!
Happy Wednesday everyone!
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




I think I would do my wedding over too. I would just want my closest family there. I would want to get married on the beach and then honeymoon with the hubbs.Sweet and simple:) Sorry that everyone aske you about having another baby. Ugh Its so hard when they do that!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your Consult and showing!!
Three cheers for your brilliant mum! Good luck for Thursday x
ReplyDelete