Yesterday I hit the 33 week mark. This still feels so surreal as I type this entry. Pretty soon, God Willing, I am going to be a Mama of 3! My ob had mentioned last June that I would have a scheduled c-section the first week of January, so I am using that week as my countdown date...
I had an ultrasound last week on the 30th and the technician, who's not supposed to tell me anything basically told me the babes are fine. My son came and she put him on the bed with me and let him watch the whole thing. He was part fascinated and part horrified and part thrilled. I've noticed since the ultrasound he has been much more clingy with me...maybe he's starting to realize how much his life is going to change once the twinvasion happens! My next ultrasound is scheduled for the 13th next week and then I will see my ob on the 14th.
Our tree is up and so are our Christmas decorations. We haven't put everything up and outside. I usually decorate my staircase and we have a ton of lights for outside but since the staircase isn't finished and the outside of our new subdivision can only be described as mud city, we only put some lighted trees in urns on the porch. I have most of the shopping completed and now this week I'll work on getting the presents wrapped. I also usually bake but a ton of cookies but we'll see how I feel and how the week goes...
The nice thing about being home is that I actually have time to get stuff done, even though I move like a turtle! I find grocery shopping is very difficult, so I think this week I will have to have Tom or my Dad do that, it takes everything out of me to do all that walking at this point.
Also on the agenda this week is getting more stuff organized for the twins. Saturday is officially nursery set up day. I am also joining a twin mom group that meets monthly on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to hearing about tricks from the trade!
We are also anxiously awaiting the arrival of Chris and Diane's baby boy, Bryce. Diane's due date is December 7th but so far, the little monkey has made no effort to enter the world! My Dad went up to visit Diane and Evan yesterday to do some work on Diane's new house and he had a nice time visiting with them. My mom is having a hard time right now knowing that Chris's boy will be here soon but he won't be here to hold or welcome his new son into the world. We are all praying very hard for Diane to have a fast and good labour and delivery. It is going to be a bittersweet birth and Christmas for all of us. It's still hard to believe that Chris is gone but somehow, we make it through the days and weeks, mostly by being together and cherishing all of the good times we had with him. He was a very special person.
I hope you all have a good week, I will do my best to update in a few days with some pictures of my humongous belly and some other random thoughts.
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




Wow only 4 more weeks?! That's amazing!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that you are progressing along nicely! I will keep your family in prayers as you await the arrival of a new nephew.
ReplyDeleteGlad to read everything is going well. Can imagine how hard this festive month will be without your brother (I lost my mom last year in November, the holidays were surreal, to say the least), but it's good that you're such a close-knit family.
ReplyDeleteWow time flies!! So excited to see those babies!!! Im sorry your brother wont be there physically, but he will be in spirit!! Hugs!!
ReplyDelete