Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 or 2012?

That is the question. What year will these babies be born in?

Let me back-track a bit for you all. Christmas morning came and Tom and I woke up, looked at each other, and croaked, "I'm sick" to each other. We both had no voice, stuffed noses, and felt like we had been hit by two mack trucks. No sooner did we discover our sickness than our 5 year old android son who won't sleep came bounding and clambering on our bed yelling it was Christmas morning and we had to go downstairs and open all the presents. I'm glad all those readings of Jesus' birth had such a profound impact on him.

So, after my son opened all his presents, Tom and I were still shell shocked and sitting on opposite couches. We each drank the equivalent of a pot of coffee and decided we had better get a move on. My mother, with her special brand of Greek ESP, called to inform me the turkey was in her oven and she was coming over to use my double oven for the rest of the food.

The day was spent chopping, stuffing, seasoning and cooking the traditional turkey meal while poor Tom cleaned the place up for his parents and godparents. Of course, their were many tears shed over the course of the day thinking about Chris and all the fun times we had at Christmas' past. Diane sent my parents some beautiful mugs with Chris' photos on them and lovely quotes. When they opened them, it was a complete tear fest. We also heard from Tony and Elsa in Peru, they are enjoying the tropical heat.

Boxing day we spent lying on various couches trying to get over our colds. Yesterday, we went to the hospital for my non-stress test and this is where things get complicated. You see, my c-section is technically scheduled for January 3rd. I really wanted to make it to that date so that the twins would have January birthdays rather than sharing their birthday with Christmas and each other. I know, I know, what a dumb thought!!!

They made me pee, hooked me up to the monitor and then started taking my blood pressure. My blood pressure was a little high and there was some protein in the urine. After the NST, we waited to visit with my OB and he advised us that he was going to take my blood and depending on the results, he may or may not deliver the babies. We waited another hour or two but the blood came back normal so I was sent home, but with strict orders to rest up and to go back to see my OB this morning.

I went this morning and my blood pressure was fine as was my urine. We heard the heart-beats again and then I was ordered to go back to the hospital for another ultra sound. After a three hour ultra sound I was sent home with the orders to rest up again and to see the doctor again in the morning. So, we wait to see what the Dr says tomorrow. According to the ultrasound, he weighs 5lbs 4 0z and she weighs 6lbs 2oz. So they are nice, big babies for twins - we just want to get them out safe and sound!

I'll keep you all posted!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! It could be anytime now! I will be thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek they will be here on their time lol. Cant wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so close to holding these babies in your arms! Sending good thoughts your way and will keep a close eye on your blog (and I hope you beat the stupid cold and feeling better now)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon. You are so close to the end! I can't wait to find out their names. Will you be doing the tradional naming after the grandparents?

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.