Thursday, December 22, 2011

Countdowns!

T-72 hours until Christmas Morning
T-12 days to scheduled C-Section for the twins.

What a busy week. It's always tough trying to get everything ready for the holidays. Let alone being 35 weeks pregnant with twins!!! On the holiday front, I've done all my shopping but not all my wrapping. Well, almost all my shopping - I still have to buy for the stockings. I decided to forego baking this year due to the fact that I am so tired all the time, and I figured my rest was more important than anything else.

In regards to the babes, I am now 35 weeks 4 days pregnant with the twins. I went to a non-stress test on Tuesday and they were their usual active selves and yesterday I followed up with my OB. He asked me if I wanted my c-section on Tuesday. I was surprised and asked him why and he explained that he's confident the babes are fine and ready to come out. I know this sounds totally nuts, most women in my situation would desperately want these monkeys out. I don't look or sound exactly comfortable, but I really had it in my head that these twins would be born in January if I could help it. I just have my head set on the fact that these babes would come on January 3rd.

So, I go back to the hospital on Tuesday for yet another NST and then back to the OB on Wednesday for a follow up again. We are actually nearing the end. I do have some stuff I need to still purchase, but I'll wait till after Christmas to get what I need.

Our plans for the holidays are pretty simple. On Christmas Eve, we are going to be with Tom's family. Christmas day, my parents and GodParents and Mother in law and Father in law are coming here. My mom is doing most of the cooking. New Years should be fun if I can make it that far! It's my brother in law Kostas' 40th birthday party at his house.

Our little man Stathis was very excited this week because he got to visit with Santa and tell him what he wanted - an INSANE Harry Potter Lego set. Lord Help Us, it's going to take all of Christmas day to put it together! It's going to be a tough day to get through without Chris but together, we will make it. Diane is staying up at her parent's place with the boys and Tony, Elsa and Markos have gone to Peru to spend the holiday with Elsa's family.

Hopefully I will post again before Christmas, but in case I don't, God Bless and have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too, I can't wait for your little ones to be here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Can't wait to meet the twins.

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.