Friday, December 16, 2011

34 weeks 5 days update and an award!

So, I am now at 34 weeks and 5 days pregant with the twins. My belly is humongous, I am out of breath, tired, sleepy and hungry all the time. I have swollen feet and wicked heartburn, but I wouldn't trade any of this for a moment! I went to the doctor on Wednesday and as suspected, he's going to ramp up the amount of monitoring for me and the twinkies. I have to go on Tuesday for a non-stress test and possibly another ultrasound and then Wednesday for an appointment with him to follow up. We talked about the c-section and he is thinking either January 3rd or January 7th. I am more partial to the 3rd for my own comfort, but we'll see what happens. The count-down is officially on. So far, touch wood, no spotting or contractions. Today I am taking it easy here, trying to get some gifts wrapped and help Stathis memorize a poem for his Greek school Christmas concert tomorrow.

Carlia at The Stork Drop Zone and Athena at A Field of Dreams gave me the this award:






So, basically what I have to do is tell you 7 things about myself and then nominate 5 other bloggers that I love:

7 things about me:

1. I love watching The Real Housewives of New Jersey. I am a fan of really smutty reality tv. I think because it's just mind-candy for me and lets me escape for a little while.
2. I cannot, cannot, cannot start the day without a cup of coffee. I am literally a mess until I drink a strong cup of coffee. Then, I feel human and can start the day.
3. I bought some light fixtures for my new house that we hung up and I loved at the time. Lately, I'm not so crazy about them. I'm scared to tell Tom about how much I am suddenly loathing them because he will lose it on me. I figure I'll wait till we finish the basement and then change the lights then.
4. I don't like people buying me stuff because I have very particular taste and then I feel guilty for returning gifts. Most of my close friends and family know this and have basically given up on me and just give me cash to get what I want. I feel bad at birthdays and Christmas when I have nothing to open, but I'd rather just get what I want.
5. Right now, I can't get enough of Justin Bieber's Christmas CD. Yes, you read that right. I am 37 years old and I love his version of The Little Drummer Boy. Go download it on itunes right now - you won't regret it!
6. Ever since I met Tom, I have not been attracted to another man. He is the most gorgeous man in my eyes, inside and out. Sometimes I want to strangle him but most times we get along great.
7. I can't wait to have these babies so that I can drink some wine and have a medium rare steak. I know that may sound ghetto, but it's the truth. 9 months is a long time to go without a good steak and glass of wine.

Now I am hoping the following fab 5 will tell us some random stuff about themselves:

T at Almost There
AP at My Dusty Uterus
Marilyn at Trying to Conceive
OG at Wonderfully Ordinary
Heather at The Road Less Travelled


Happy Friday and Happy Weekend Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on the coffee! Make that a large cappuccino please. Do you drink Turkico in the US? The Greeks in Australia love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great!! I love how revealing you are:) YOu must be so ready for your little ones to be out!! I have one and I am suffering...

    Oh..yeah..medium rare steak sounds really good.I was just talking about this with my husband. I love the real housewife show..all of them..but sometimes the drama..especially the reunion gets too catty,..

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.