Yahoo! I am at 31 weeks. This has definitely been the week when the pregnancy has snuck up and kicked me in the ass. It's like I can't control my body anymore. Here is a round up of how my life goes these days:
- wake up from uncomfortable sleep dying of thirst because my nose is stuffed up and because I never felt comfortable all night
- pee for a long time
- drink about a litre of ice water
- pee
-waddle around while getting ready/making breakfast and getting little dude off to school/myself off to work (my official uniform these days are my maternity yoga pants and long sleeve maternity t-shirt)
- pee
- groan like an old lady when I get into and out of my car (try not to pee the whole time driving)
- waddle in to work, am completely out of breath at this time
- go pee
- attend meetings, planning sessions, co-teach with teachers all day while sounding like I am running a marathon
- pee
- get home from work, beg my mother or mother in law to watch Stathis for about one more hour
- go pee again
- lie down on couch, sleep
- wake up, throw some food together and call it dinner (Old El Paso Tacos are considered cooking, right?)
- go pee
- drag Stathis to whatever extra-curricular activity he has going on
- go pee
- come home, bathe Stathis, inform Tom we are both going to bed
- wake up about twice a night to pee
And the cycle continues the next day.
Since I had to be induced with Stathis at 41 weeks I sort of assumed that I would be able to hold these two in until January 3rd, my scheduled c-section date at 37 weeks. Last week, I encountered three women who have twins, all delivered at 32, 33, and 34 weeks respectively. This caused me to throw up a little in my mouth as I have NOTHING set up for these two. I didn't even have the car seats for them.
In the last 72 hours I have gone a little mental. Bought the stroller, the car seats, diapers, bottles and sleepers. Nursery is still not set up as my husband wants to sand and stain the staircase before we do anything. Which sounds like an easy job, right? Well, if you know my husband the staircase will take him about 7 full working days and he works full time.
So, I am just going to make sure the essentials are ready to go for these two babies and hope that they stay in for a at least 4 more weeks. Going to see the doctor on Wednesday, hopefully he will write me off work so I can rest a bit more before these two munchkins make their grand entrance!!!
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




I can't believe you are 31 weeks already! The twins will be here any minute! I hope you can get some rest before they arrive.
ReplyDeletepost a picture!! I am so excited to see your little twins..and your belly!! :) Yeah..I pee a lot ..but I have only one..but I can not imagine what it is like to have two babies...you are almost there!:)
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you do it! Just reading this makes me exhausted. I hope you have the chance to get everything done that you want before they arrive. It's so exciting that they're almost here!!!
ReplyDelete