Friday, November 11, 2011

Birthday and Babies Update

This has been a crazy week! Work has been mental as there are a lot of projects that I am working on with teachers that are just getting started. I went for an ultrasound on Tuesday and then had an appointment with my OB/GYN on Wednesday. Everything looks ok with the babies! Twin A is measuring 3lbs and Twin B is measuring 3lbs3oz. How they can figure the weight out is beyond me.

My OB explained that everything looks good with them, my blood pressure and urine were fine and again I was able to hear that sweet sound of the babies' heart-beats. I'm pretty sure that I only have 2 weeks of work left! So now I am on the crazy train of trying to get everything organized for the person who is going to take over my mat leave.

We haven't really done anything to get ready for the babies as of yet and I'm starting to feel a little anxious. My plan is to just get work wrapped up and then to set up the nursery, get our bags packed for the hospital, sort out the bottle situation, get the stroller and car-seats and then we should be good to go!

This week was also birthday week. Diane's birthday was Wednesday and mine was yesterday. We are going up to the town where Diane is now living on Saturday to go out for dinner and to see Evan. Somehow, I made it through Diane's birthday without losing it, but mine wasn't so easy. For the first year, I didn't get to chat with Chris and joke around with him. He was always the first person to call me on my birthday and one of the first things he told me when he met Diane was that she was born on November 9th. He thought that was the coolest thing that her and I practically shared a birthday.

It was still a nice birthday even though I miss Chris like crazy - my bff Erica came over and so did my parents and we had pizza and ceasar salad and then cake and coffee. Mom and Dad bought me two new charms for my Pandora bracelet - one pink and one blue...Tom and Stathis gave me some funny cards. Tom didn't buy me anything because I told him not to. I need new Uggs but I want to go pick them myself! I am such a Rachel from friends - I usually return everything he buys me! Poor guy! My brother Tony called me from BC and we had a great chat with lots of laughs and I got tons of emails and birthday messages from Facebook.

Anyway, it's almost time to get ready for work here and I want to make myself a coffee before I get this day started. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I will post again early next week!

Take Care,

1 comment:

  1. Glad your appointment went well and you are almost done with work! It's a good idea to wait til work is wrapped up before starting/finishing the nursery. I seriously had mine TOTALLY done at like 25 weeks and then I just sat around waiting... :-) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.