Here we are at 29 weeks 1 day. I am thrilled that I have made it this far!
This week I have an ultra sound scheduled for Tuesday and I go to see my OB on Wednesday. Things seem to be going well - the babes seem to be growing as my belly is getting pretty big! I find myself winded very easily and there are times in the day when I definitely waddle instead of walk, but I am pushing through.
I am really hoping that my OB will write me off work in the next few weeks because I definitely can't do as much as before. Swollen feet, ankles and even wrists and fingers seem to happen from time to time. Also, I have the lovely pregnancy heartburn. Ouch. When I put my feet up at the end of the day, however, there is no better feeling than feeling the babies have a little dance party in my belly. I can't believe how great it feels, and I am cherishing every moment of my pregnancy.
I had a great weekend. On Saturday, I went out for dinner with my two best friends and we laughed and cried over marriage, kids and the craziness of life in general. On Sunday we had friends over for lunch who are also expecting their third child. They have two boys so Stathis had a ball playing with them.
This week I am turning 37 on Thursday and Diane is turning 34 on Wednesday so we are going to celebrate together on Saturday. It's going to be tough to get through the birthdays without Chris but somehow we both think if we're around a lot of family we may just make it through. Diane went for an ultrasound last week as she's 35 weeks now and the baby is head down and they estimated his weight at 6lbs7oz. Another big boy just like Evan, my nephew!
We are finally starting to feel settled in the new house. We spent a lot of time over the weekend organizing stuff and although the basement looks like a disaster, the other two floors don't look so bad. I still need to get some artwork and bedding to make it feel a little more like it has our personality stamp but that's about it. And we have to paint. But hey, one thing at a time!
I can't believe we are getting to the point where we have to start getting ready for Christmas - time is flying by. We also have to set up the twin's nursery and get stuff that we need for them - including bottles! Thanks for all of your supportive comments last week when I outed myself with the fact that I wouldn't be breast-feeding the twins. I feel so much better now about things now that I've sorted it out. Tom and the rest of the family were also in agreement as they know that I am going to need a ton of help and this way, others can pitch in!
I hope everyone has a great Monday - I'll try to post again after the ultra sound and OB appointment.
Take Care,
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




Can't wait to hear how your Ob appt and ultrasound go! Time is flying by, the twins will be here before you know it!
ReplyDeleteHappy early birthday, I hope you have a great time! And I'm so happy to hear the twins are doing so well!
ReplyDelete