Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ouch

As I mentioned previously, I recently hired a personal trainer. I will post another time how hubs feels about it. I have worked out with her 4 times now and all I can say is ouch! She works me like a maniac and she has no mercy. Last week, I felt like an old woman after working out with her. Every time I had to bend down or if I sat down I would make an old lady groan. She also has me on a very strict eating plan. Basically, she has me on no refined carbs and sugars and tons of protein. It's been interesting. My mother made pasta tonight and I am afraid to report that I gave in. Oh, well. At least I am pleased to report the scale is moving down.

The other ouch - being back to work. I know, I know I'm a teacher and I shouldn't bitch about all the time off I get but work is SERIOUSLY mental right now. I work in the programs department and am spending most of this week at the Board Office writing professional development for teachers. It's like the last two weeks never happened.

I guess what I am finding difficult is being committed to work, being a good wife, daughter and mom, and being good to myself. I feel like once I focus too much attention on one, then the others all start sliding. And there are other things happening this week - my parents sold their house last night and we are preparing to list ours. My Dad has spent this week at my house installing hardwood floors in my house. This has causeed the house to be a mess which is totally unpleasant. This time next year, I will be in my new house, unpacked and life will be calm. I can't wait! Maybe I will even have a baby in my arms or be pregnant! One can hope!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for soreness!! It means youre working hard. Those personal trainers dont play. Ive only worked out with one once and i couldnt move for 3days lol.

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.