Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Weekend

Wow, the first week back at work flew by. Things are just as crazy as ever. On the homefront, my Dad finished installing the hardwood floors on the main floor of the house. Which is amazing, but now we are left with the trim work, which is extremely tedious. And hubs is one of the fussiest people when it comes to DIY stuff. He is meticulous, which is great, but he's slow as molasses. Hopefully, I will be able to get into one of the rooms today to set it up. It's so hard living with all the furniture moved. Even my china cabinet with all my good china is dumped on the kitchen counter which is making cooking a challenge.

So, I am basically going to try to get some order in the house for this entire weekend. I feel bad for little dude because he just wants our attention and we are both preoccupied. I am going to call my MIL to see if she can take him off of our hands for a few hours at some point today. He's already asking if I can call her and it's only 9am!

We have our appointment with the fertility specialist on Thursday afternoon to talk about IVF. Hopefully we will have a better idea of how and when to proceed. In the last two days, little dude has mentioned that he wants a little brother and a little sister. He actually said to my nephew yesterday, "why do you have a brother and I don't?" It literally broke my heart.

This weekend, while in the toils of re-setting up my house, I vow to find laughter and to have fun. Oh, and to start my day of with a really yummy coffee! Out to go get it right now!

1 comment:

  1. Its so hard when they ask for a sibling. Hope u get your little miracle soon!!

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.