Sunday, June 20, 2010

Stress!

Ok, here is the low down of how things are going:
I went back to the clinic Saturday for my second IUI and was told that after ultrasound, I had 2 follicles, one measuring 1.8mm and one measuring 1.0mm. The nurse thought that the follicles were getting smaller since Thursday because I was ovulating. She told me to come back at 10:30 for the blood work results and the IUI. So, I went back at 10:30 only to be told that the machine that checks the blood was out of commission. We went ahead with the IUI. There were 5 million sperm. I started crying after the nurse left the room because "Let It Be" by the Beatles was playing on the radio.

After I got home, the nurse called and told me that the Dr. had gotten my blood work results and actually thought I ovulated the 1.9 and the 1.8 was my little guy from Thursday measuring 1.2. I had to go back to the clinic today to take another HCG shot. So, tomorrow we have been told to make love, and I now have these progesterone suppositories to put in every night. Oh joy, oh bliss.

It's just a crazy time for me. My brother and his wife are moving to Vancouver tomorrow so of course I want to spend time with them, but I have this job interview tomorrow in front of my new education officer and my superintendent. I had to go to the clinic, go shopping for clothes (very traumatic but I bought a lovely brown jersey skirt and jackety type thingy with a coral coloured shell to wear underneath), new shoes, fathers day gifts and get my nails done. All in all, it has been a crazy day.

I still have to go to my parents for the big father's day dinner and good-bye to my brother and sister in law and prep for this interview. I suppose the miracle in all of this is that I have been so busy I haven't really had time to stress about the IUI. I wonder what the success rates are. The nurse didn't seem all that optimistic yesterday, but maybe it was just a vibe I was picking up. After all, it only takes one sperm out of 27 million to make a baby...

10 comments:

  1. Oh good luck!! "Let it be" playing would have made me cry too, hopefully that is a good sign. I will keep my fingers crossed that this is the month for you. Your right it only takes ONE! I will be sending some fertile thoughts your way.

    ~Aly
    www.InfertilityOverachievers.com
    ICLW #104

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO hope that the IUI is successful! I love that song too, and I probably would have cried. Heck, I cried during Toy Story 3 this weekend LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just one swimmer, that's all it takes!!

    Best of luck!

    Ashlee
    ICLW #180

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that does sound like a stressful week! I hope you can have a good glass of wine and relax soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it's a good thing that you have been so busy and haven't been able to focus on the IUI! Good luck with this cycle and happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck to you both! I hope your next week is more relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you get to relax soon!

    ICLW
    http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck!! Hope this is the one for you. I will be following your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck in your 2ww! Here's hoping that 19 or the 18 were the lucky little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My fingers are crossed for you!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.