Friday, June 18, 2010

IUI'd

So this week is crazy. Actually, the whole month has been mental. I love how all educators and parents think that in June, things are going to slow down. In fact, June is often worse than September. It's a mad dash to the finish line to get everything complete, packed and ready to go for September.

On Monday and Tuesday I was in Toronto on a conference with most of my department on the first day, and then on the second day, only another teacher and I were asked to stay. My superintendent and education officer also came down. I mentioned in a previous post that I had applied for a promotion. Basically, I applied to be a literacy and numeracy consultant for the school board. All day Tuesday was rather nerve wracking as I had to sit with my superintendent. It felt like the entire day was a job interview. The best part was that I got to stay in a hotel downtown with my colleague and friend Patty who is a barrel of laughs.

As for cycle monitoring, I went on Monday and Wednesday. Wednesday morning I was told I had one follicle measuring 1.6 and one at 1.0. I was told to take more gonal f and to come back on Thursday. Then I got a call in the afternoon that my LH was surging and they wanted to give me an injection to stop the surge. So I drove back to the clinic and took the shot. On Thursday my follicles were measuring 1.9 and 1.2. The nurses were excited about this. Thursday afternoon I got another call that they were ready for IUI for Friday morning. This morning, my dear hubby took his sample and then I went in at 9, two hours after him.

Here's the scoop. He had 22 million sperm with a motility of 5, whatever the heck that means. Going back tomorrow for another IUI. The nurse told me the numbers were good, especially since it only takes one. I feel ok but am trying not to get my hopes up too much!

And then at 11, my bosses secretary calls and tells me I have a job interview on Monday at 3. So now another thing to prep for. Argh. June. Always crazy. At least it will make the 2WW go by faster...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.