Saturday, June 12, 2010

Egg-xiety

So today is cycle day 6 and I had to go to the Fertility clinic for blood and ultra-sound. It turns out that I am responding to the 75iu dosage of Gonal F quite well as I have 2 follicles - one measuring 1.1cm and one at 0.7cm. Go follicles! I never thought I would ever have to write those words.

I am working on a project right now for work and will be in Toronto on a conference on Monday and Tuesday. Thank goodness things are busy so I don't have this anxiety about getting pregnant and injections and IUI in the forefront at all times. Before I head to Toronto I will stop at the clinic for another ultrasound and more blood work.

As for my miracle, I mentioned recently that I applied for a promotion. Let's just say that while I think I may be a top candidate for the job, I don't think I'm the candidate. So I applied for the second time but honestly am not going to sweat it if I don't get it. I just think that maybe (knock on wood) God has other things planned for me. I've also come to realize that this type of thing is largely beyond my control. A wonderful friend who is going through a horrible divorce right now gave me sound advice and suddenly I feel like I see everything quite clearly.

1 comment:

  1. Here for ICLW. When you're able to put things into perspective it can help help, even if it is only from day to day.

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.