The Twins:
The twins are doing amazing. They are now 3 months old and about twelve pounds each. They are sleeping through the night, sometimes they wake up for one bottle. They are smiling at us and love kisses and snuggles.
Baptism Party
On March 17th we had them baptized and the party was a big, fat, Greek celebration. My brother Tony and his wife and their little guy came from BC, and my Auntie Anna also came from the US for the party. Baptism is a big deal for us Greeks as you are baptized, take your first communion and are confirmed all in one session. It's common for a big dance to follow, but due to the fact that my brother Chris passed away less than a year ago, dancing would be considered poor taste. So, we looked at our guest list, realized we had 100 people coming and 40 of them were children and decided to rent a jumpy castle. Yep, you read that right. We chose our best friends Nick and Cristina to be the godparents and it was a joyous occasion.
>
God parents Nick & Cristina, my parents, in-laws, Tom and I and the babes and Stathis and our niece. Notice my green shoes in honour of St. Patrick's Day
A view of the party as my Mom proudly shrouds the bubbas...
Check out the jumpy castle!!!
Health Update
I recently started noticing I was having heart palpitations daily. Also, my appetite has been decreased and I've been feeling anxious. I thought it was the stress/excitement of the baptism/out of town guests, etc, but one of my aunts talked me into going to my doctor. So, while I've been losing weight because of the decreased appetite, he decided to run a bunch of tests and today he called me because it looks like my thyroid is hyperactive. I did more bloodwork and am going for an ultrasound next week. He also prescribed some medicine for my heart to steady my heart rate and to stop the palpitations. Hopefully I will be feeling more like myself once my thyroid is regulated...
Work
I also decided to take an opportunity at work. I'll be off until the end of the summer and then I'm going back to work to teach grade 3 at a brand new school 10 minutes from my house!! The principal also selected me to be the primary division chair person so I'll be in charge of buying all the resources and leading the primary teachers. I'm super stoked because the staff are a bunch of amazing teachers and I'm just so excited to be part of a team again compared to coaching teachers, which is what I've done for the last 4 years.
Blogging
I know I have been a crappy commenter but I've been reading all the blogs on my blogroll. I will be joining PAIL and ICLW this month. As for all that drama, I really didn't get it...but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion...




So glad to hear from you! Sounds like you have so much great stuff going on- except for the thyroid. I hope you get that figured out soon!
ReplyDeleteYay for an update. Glad the twins are doing well. How is big bro adjusting. Hope they get your thyroid under control asap!!
ReplyDeleteHope you start feeling better soon and congratulations on the new job! Sounds like that will be lots of work, but lots of fun too! I student taught in 2nd grade and I just loved those primary grades! Teaching 5th was fun, but there is something about the younger kids that I enjoy more! So good to hear for you and that the twins are doing great!
ReplyDelete