Holy crap time is flying by!!!
Here we are and the twins are almost four months old. Things have been crazy busy with us these last four months. The first six weeks with the babies were pretty insane. And then I had the brainiac idea to throw them their baptism in March. And then, Easter came right around the corner. Every weekend has been a blur with this function and that event.
Last night, Tom and I went on a date without the kiddos. It was great to talk, eat uninterrupted and laugh.
I have come to the realization that I try to do too much stuff in a day and in a week and end up feeling frustrated because I can't get it all done the way that I used to. So, my plan from now on is to focus on one small thing at a time and to not get frustrated about stuff. I'm using the reminders app on my iphone to just write things down that have to be done as they come to my mind and then every day I look at the list and decide what can get done that day and go for it. It seems to be working out ok.
I received a call from my doctor the other day about an ultrasound he had ordered on my thyroid. Apparently, I have cysts on my thryoid. I am now being referred to an endocrinologist. I'm trying not to freak out about it.
My five year old little man is doing well, he is so ready to go to grade one. He only has kindergarten every other day so on the days he's home all I hear about is how bored he is. I am going to sign him up for a gym class on Wednesdays and check out the activities they have at the library to keep him busy. Also, I think he's at a good age to start playing an instrument so I want to look into a kinder-music class for him. As for the summer, I am going to sign him up for some weekly day camps to keep him occupied. I mentioned this to a neighbour mom friend I have and she's going to enroll her two boys as well. The three boys all play well together so it should be fun for them and a bit of a break for us. I feel so bad for him, it seems like every time I play with him the twins begin fussing. Luckily, he's an old sould and doesn't seem to mind, but still, he deserves time and attention, too.
As for the twins, they are also doing well. They smile at us and grab at their toys. The even have started talking to us, making cooing sounds and razzing sounds. I find it hard to take them out. It's alot of prep time to get them out of the house. I will often dash out to run my errands and leave them with my mom. Hopefully, the weather will get nicer here in Toronto in the next few weeks and I'll be able to take them out more.
Since I'm going back to work in September to a different position, I am losing my laptop for work. But, the school board announced they have a supply of new data projectors and laptops for teachers in the classroom. All you have to do is take eight two hour workshops about using technology in the classroom and they are yours. Holla!!! I signed up right away. They run the classes after school and I went to my first class last week. It was so much fun seeing teachers I know and sitting in a course. I even treated myself to a Starbucks to sip while I listened to the lecture. No bottles or diapers or Lego. It felt weird but good at the same time!
I also managed to sneak in some reading time these last two weeks and read The Hunger Games trilogy. Not normally the kind of thing I would enjoy reading, but I did enjoy them. Not my favourite series for a bunch of reasons, but definitely a good read.
Friday night I managed to sneak out and do some shopping and bought some artwork for the bare walls of my house, and then went to the book store and bought the Shades of Grey series of books. So that's what I'm on to next. Anyone heard of these or read them? A few of my colleagues recommended them...what I really want to read is a funny book. Recommendations needed! Enough with the violence and depressing books!!!
This week I have two more courses, a photo appointment for the twins, and their four month check up booked for Friday when they will get their needles. Oh, and I promised Tom I would take them to his school Wednesday...Boy...it's going to be another hectic week...Time is flying...
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




So glad you got out on a date! And I feel frustrated about not getting everything done all the time, you are so not alone there!
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear from you! I can only imagine how busy you must be, and it certainly sounds like it. It sounds like you're taking it in stride though. My mom and MIL all both had nodules on their thyroids (not sure if that's the same as a cyst) and they ended up being no big deal. My mom and I are both on thyroid medicine too. Hopefully it will end up being nothing. And the Hunger Games! I read it too and it wasn't my usual cup of tea. I couldn't put them down because I wanted to know what happened, but I seriously couldn't get them out of my head. I'm not sure it was worth it!
ReplyDelete