Last week, I decided I had had enough of my family room couch and bottle feeding on demand and started moving the twins up to their nursery. My reading also intensified. I am now reading the following books and find them very helpful.



Over the weekend, Tom did the night shift on Saturday and he gave up and brought the twins down at 3am to sleep in their swings. On Sunday, my mother in law came and did the night shift and she slept on the nursery floor. They screwed up my sleep training regime so now I think I may need to be in charge and stop letting them take over the night shift. This means I will lose out on solid, uninterrupted sleep but means the twins know who's boss. Hopefully, they will sleep through the night in another 8 weeks which is when they will be 12 weeks old adjusted. I can do nights like last night for the next 8 weeks:
Last night, I put my purple pj's on and my war paint and put the twins down at 9pm
Eleni took bottles at 11, 1 and 4:30
Christopher took bottles at 11, 1:30 and 5
And I slept in between. Not bad considering the twins are 7 1/2 weeks old, 4 weeks old adjusted age.
I am so excited! This Gladiator can actually see sleeping through the night happening! Also as of today I will be logging their feedings, diapers and naps, looking for patterns.
Who know I could be so anal? See what sleep deprivation does to an otherwise sane woman? I now know why sleep torture is used by the military. There is nothing worse than not having your sleep. And yet, my brain actually cannot remember being sleep deprived with Stathis. You see, mother nature is a sneaky bitch that lets you forget.
In the battle of the twins sleeping vs. me sleeping, I will prevail!




I wish you all the best of luck with the sleeping issues! I'm sure you are exhausted, I don't blame you for wanting a schedule. :-)
ReplyDelete