Happy Valentine's Day! I hope everyone had a good one. It's so funny - Tom and I have been together since 1998, and the evolution of our Valentine's has definitely changed. Our first one was probably the most extravagant - we went out for dinner in Toronto and then to Phantom of The Opera. Over the years, we've gone to hockey games, out for dinner, stayed in and cooked gourmet meals...this year...meh.
I sort of forgot about Valentines day until I looked at Stathis' school calendar late Monday afternoon and realized he was having a Valentines' party with his class. I quickly asked my Mom, the permanent fixture at this house, to watch the twins while I bundled up my 5 year old and off we went to the local drug store. We picked out cards and chocolates for his class and then bought Tom some cards.
Tom's cousin came to visit with his wife and baby around 3 so we ordered pizza and then Tom came home and we had a really fun visit. The card Tom bought me is hilarious - it talks about how love notes change over time...
Dating: I am sohot for you!
Newlyweds: Meet me tonight for a big surprise! xoxo
Married 5 years: Have a great day, sweetie!
Married 10 years plus: Pick up some toilet paper on your way home from work.
Keep in mind we will have been 11 years in June - I couldn't agree more! I seriously cracked up...
Anyway, I know I haven't posted in a while or commented on anyone's blogs but I thought I would give you all a low down of the first 6 weeks of life with the twins...this is how my days are spent. And let me tell you, it's a good thing mothers forget the first 12 weeks of infancy because if we remembered, we would never have children again!!
6am - wake up to feed/change babies
7am - wake up Stathis, send him off to school
8am - sleep
9am - my parents come over, eat a quick breakfast, chat, I leave them to take care of the babies and I head up to bed
9:30-12:30 sleep
12:30 -1:30 take shower, eat lunch
1:30 -2:30 - feed/change babies
2:30 Stathis comes home from school
3:00-8:00 make dinner, spend time with babies and Stathis, do laundry, try to tidy up, pay bills, run errands, may have a visitor come over, at 8pm my parents usually leave
8:00 - Stathis bed time, bathe him, reading with him
9:00 -11:30 sleep (Tom takes over care of the twins at this time)
11:30 - 4:00 am - up with the twins, feeding, changing (this is when they are their fussiest, especially Christopher) I may get some time in to sleep, but usually just an hour or 45 minutes...thank God for my PVR!
4am-6am - sleep.
So needless to say, it's been a hectic 7 weeks. The good news? They are growing, sleeping longer stretches and I have figured out never to miss an opportunity to sleep. I now tell guests to come and schedule appointments around MY sleep schedule!! I tell ya, you never know how much you need your sleep until you can't have it!!! Also, I would be a complete and utter blubbering mess if it wasn't for my parents. I have no idea how people do this without support. And people who have triplets and quads? Holy crap my hat goes off to them!! On Friday nights, my mother in law comes and spends the night so that we can both sleep through the night. And we sleep. Nothing else - how sad is that?!
But I know this too shall pass and before I know it, I will be dropping them off at Nursery School crying and asking the universe where the time went, so I am really trying to enjoy every moment that I can with them.
I noticed over the last few days that they were a bit gassy and Christopher seemed to be a bit colicky so as of tonight I've switched formulas to En.famil Gent.lease and also to the Dr. Brown's bottles. They seem to be working much better! Eleni has been asleep since 11:30 and it's now 3 am! Christopher has been fussy since 11:30 and just fell into a deep sleep but instead of sleeping I've decided to blog so that you all wouldn't think I've left planet Earth.
Well I better go because I'm sure someone will want a bottle or a diaper change soon!
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




WOW! You are an amazing woman! I can't imagine how you do it with three kiddos, but you are wonder woman! Time really does fly by and just remember it won't be like this for long. You are right, one day you will look back on this and wonder where the time went. :-)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are doing a great job momma, keep up the good work. Growing babies is always a good sign.
ReplyDelete