I don't want this post to be super depressing but I have to write it for my own therapy. Last night we received some devestating news. The day after we left for Cuba, my husband's friend and colleague and his five year old son were killed in a car accident. He leaves behind his wife and two other sons who are only three and sixteen months old. My husband is at the funeral right now. I can't believe it and am so shocked and saddened for this man's wife, two surviving sons and the rest of the family. I can't even fathom the amount of pain they must all be in.
My cousin just called to tell me that a good friend of ours (who was an usher in our wedding) is also in the hospital due to kidney failure...so now I get to tell my husband another one of his buddies isn't doing well when he gets back from the funeral.
It's times like these that I feel so incredibly selfish for sweating the small stuff. All I want to do is hug my husband and son and not let them go today. So, please - hug your loved ones today...and say a prayer for those not as fortunate as us...
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment
A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.