Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Progressing Well - 27 weeks 3 days!

I went to the Doctor on Monday afternoon and thankfully got to hear the babies heart beats. The ultra sound results were discussed and I was told that the babies are both growing. My blood-pressure is fine but I forgot to ask what the results were from my glucose test. I assume all is ok since the Doctor was reading all the papers in my file as he was chatting with me.

My Doctor is very happy with how my pregnancy is progressing. On the weight gain front, I have gained about 10 pounds. These two are taking all the calories from me, it seems! Don't get me wrong, you can see that I am VERY pregnant. It's just all in my belly.

The thing is I am very tired and find it hard to work full time and be a good wife and mama. So, I asked the doctor what he thought about the work situation, and he advised me to keep at it for another three to four weeks, which doesn't seem completely unreasonable.

I got most of my x-mas shopping done over the weekend. Costco had a great selection of toys and The Choldren's Place had a huge 30% off everything sale. We just have to buy for our son and our parents. Stathis usually gets his stocking, a big gift from us and a big gift from Santa. I'm waiting to see what he puts on his wish list.

The nursery is our next big project and we have to buy the babies their car seats/carriers and stroller. We also have to visit my cousin who is loaning us a cradle and giving me her swing and high chair and exer-saucer. And then, we will be just about ready for these two little ones to join the craziness that is our lives. I can't wait! (I mean, I can wait - please stay in until 37 weeks!!!) but I can't wait - you know what I mean.

Some things I am loving right now that aren't related to pregnancy: The X-Factor! Anyone else watching it? I love everything about the show - the judges, the contestents, the fighting. Real Housewives of New Jersey! Jersey Shore! (I have no idea why I like these shows - as I watch them I tell myself to stop, but I can't!) and my new Keurig machine. It makes the best coffee! And yes, I sill have one cup a day - the rest are decaf!

Take Care!

4 comments:

  1. i'm so glad things are going well with your pregnancy. i'm super impressed that you've already put a dent in your christmas shopping. i haven't even started yet! can't wait to see pics of the nursery when it's finished. take care of yourself and get plenty of rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wrote two amazing things in that post - you've only gained 10 lbs and your Christmas shopping is done. Who are you? Wonderwoman?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the babies are doing well:) Cant wait to see pics!!

    I LOVE XFactor and Jersey Shore. I have many guilty pleasure tv shows lol. Also a Keurig machine is on my Christmas list:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been around in awhile but it's so good to see that you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.