Thursday, October 20, 2011

26 Weeks 4 Days...

Well folks, we have made it to 26 weeks and 4 days so far!!! I am growing each day and feeling like I could sleep morning, noon and night. Also am very hungry, trying to nourish myself with healthy stuff but I would be lying if I said I can walk away from cookies and potato chips!!!

I had an ultrasound Tuesday morning and hearing their little heart beats is the sweetest sound in the universe. The technician took a long time, and she couldn't really tell me much as the results have to come from the doctor but she was smiling for most of it so I am praying everything is ok and that they are growing. The next ultrasound is booked for November 8th when I will be 29 weeks. I will go see my OB on Monday to follow up.

Life has been pretty crazy for us - we are still setting up our new house - hanging up artwork, light fixtures, mirrors in the bathrooms - the list goes on and on and on. And the laundry is never ending as we have no sod and our little dude is loving going out and playing in the dirt and getting filthy.

My parents are next door and they are busy trying to unpack and set up as well. They need our help too so it's just generally a nutty time. Thankfully, they have had some good friends come over to help them unpack so they are starting to feel somewhat settled in their new house. Our Little Dude certainly enjoys having his Yia Yia and Pappou right next door. When he gets bored at our place, he announces he's going to hang out with his Grandparents. Too Cute!

Speaking of Little Dude, he turned 5 on Monday. We rented a gymnastics place on Sunday and he had his birthday party there. Little Dude loved his party and told us he "Certainly appreciated" all that we did for him. It was so sweet. It was tough to get through a celebration without Chris being there, but Diane came down with Evan for the weekend and Evan had such a blast with our little dude. It's just a shame that Chris can't see how close they've become and how much these two little cousins love each other. When we got home we opened presents and my house has been invaded by Lego. He actually told all my cousins and friends he wanted Lego! What a sneak!!

We are heading to Niagara to help Diane pack up the house this weekend, and she managed to buy a place 5 minutes from her parents and about half an hour from us so at least that will all be taken care of before her new baby is born in early December. The house she bought is about 10 years old and needs some minor work so my Dad has offered to do the renovations for her but she's not planning on moving in until she feels ready - which could be winter or spring.

There isn't a day when I don't think of Chris and weep, but I am getting used to the reality of life without his physical presence here. And the new lives that are joining us give us reason to look forward to the months ahead.

I'll update again soon! Take Care,

3 comments:

  1. so glad you and the babies are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even believe that you're almost 27 weeks! How did that happen??? So glad to hear that things are going well and that you're getting settled in. I've been thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Glad to hear things are going well!

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.