Things have been pretty mental for us the last little while. And I have a confession to make. I have become a sucky blogger and an even suckier follower. I read all the blogs on my blogroll daily but I haven't commented. So, even though you may think I have lost interest in your blog, you're wrong! I promise to start posting and commenting more often.
My parents have taken possession on their house next door but haven't moved in yet as my Dad is installing hardwood floors. I think they will be moved in by the end of next week. I will be a very happy woman when that happens. My parents are doing well considering they just lost their son. I am sure that they act strong in front of us but when they are alone I can only imagine their grief.
Diane, my brother's widow, (By the way, I seriously hate that word) sold their beautiful house so that she can move closer to us and to her parents. We will be helping her pack up later this month, which is going to be so very difficult because she hasn't touched any of Chris's things and wants to pack them and put them in storage until she decides what to do. It makes me so sad to think of the house being sold. He loved the house and did an amazing job working on it and was so looking forward to many years to come.
I find myself at times wondering if he's really gone. It all just seems so surreal that someone who was in the peak of his life could just die like that. I keep on expecting him to call or show up for Sunday lunch.
I didn't want this post to be all gloom and doom. I do find myself laughing most days with my friends, even with my parents and the rest of my family. It's just that there are moments where I recall the events of Chris's death like a video recording in my head and I just feel sad. For him, his wife, his kids, my parents and all his friends.
In terms of my pregnancy, things are progressing well. I am now 24 and a half weeks. I went to the Dr yesterday and heard each of the heart-beats. My blood pressure is fine and my urine was good. I am now starting to think that I should start buying some stuff. Over the weekend, I went to Pottery Barn Kids and bought Peter Rabbit bedding for both cribs. Next, the stroller and car seats will be needed and then bottles and layette. Luckily, I've been given an extra baby swing, high chair and play pen for them to sleep in.
I still can't believe there are 2 of them in my belly. I am definitely feeling very tired and I so wish I was a stay at home mom, but I have to work. I am hoping to work until the end of November and then to start my year long mat leave in December. I don't know how you Americans handle such short mat leaves!
Anyway, I'm glad everyone is doing well...take care
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




I've missed your posts Marianne, I'm glad to hear you and the twins are doing well!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear everything is going great with your pregnancy! It will fly by believe me!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to have an update. Ive missed you!!
ReplyDeleteSince you havent been keeping up just wanted to share some good news. They chose us to be Lgs adoptive parents!!!!