Monday, June 20, 2011

9 weeks 2 days

Well it's now been over a week since we found out we're expecting twins. So many people now know and are super excited. The most common comments are the following:

Are you excited or scared?
How have you been feeling?
Do you know if they are boys or girls?
Do twins run in your family?

In response to am I excited or scared, I am both. I've always walked around believing in the power of the universe and that if you want something bad enough and work hard enough for it, you will get it. That God won't put more on your plate than you can eat. Infertility really kicked my ass on that train of thought. For the two and half years we struggled with infertility I started to realize that some things were actually beyond my control. That sometimes, you just have to be happy with what you have (this was easier for me than other couples who struggle as we have one healthy son). That you have to trust God's timing.

So yes, after two and a half years of wanting nothing more than to be pregnant, to find out that I am expecting two babies blows my mind. I am excited to bring two more children into our lives and to shower them with love and to finally meet them. I am scared as to how we are going to survive breast-feeding, diaper changes and all the developmental milestones. I'm worried about how my little dude is going to feel once they come home. How am I going to keep my house organized? Will we actually be able to afford this? What about my marriage? Will Tom and I be ok?

I've been feeling ok, I am normally naseous in the morning. I haven't actually thrown up yet. My appetite has been significantly decreased. I HAVE to sleep when I get home from work. And I am usually out for the night by 9 at night. Oh but the worst is how constipated I am. I am actually going to seriously work on this starting tomorrow. I know my pre-natals plus the PIO shots are contributing to this. (last week of PIO shots, yay!) And of course, I have a cold which sucks in June. Even though I feel physically run down, I wouldn't trade any of these symptoms for anything!

We are definitely going to find out the gender of the babies. I want to be as prepared as possible for their arrival. A few of my colleagues are betting on 2 girls...but I don't really have a feeling about these two.

When people ask me if twins run in the family I am honest and tell them no, that we were having some trouble conceiving and were referred to a fertility specialist who obviously knew what she was doing. That usually satisfies most peoples curiosity and I feel like I am being truthful.

I am sorry that I haven't been blogging regularly - hubs is writing report cards and has been hogging the computer. I have a Dr's appointment on Monday so I hope to have some more news to share then!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are going great!!! I can't wait to hear how the dr appt goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. Glad to know you're doing well, despite some discomfort (I hear you about the constipation, I've also started to attack that - and I just realized we're only one day apart in our pregnancies!)
    Wishing you a wonderful and uneventful pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Sounds like a huge adventure awaits!

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.