This has been another crazy week at work. In Ontario, we assess Grade 6 and Grade 3 students in Literacy and Math, so for the last 2 weeks I have been scribing for students who need assistance with the test. Needless to say, I haven't been near a computer to update my blog.
Yesterday was our 10th wedding anniversary! It was also the day of my early pregnancy ultrasound at Dr. W's. I decided for whatever dumb reason to go by myself to this appointment. I was feeling pretty confident that the pregnancy was progressing due to the onset of nausea, food aversions and my intense need to sleep. So, off I go to the appointment with my full bladder.
The ultrasound tech first checked out my stomach and she was punching some stuff in the computer, then she told me to go pee and come back so she could do the internal ultrasound. Yay, I thought.
So, there I was, lying there for the internal and this is what went down:
Ultrasound lady: "Oh, look at that! There's two!"
Me: "Two what?"
Ultrasound lady: "Two babies"
Me: "Oh, shit!"
Ultrasound lady "Yes, there's two!"
Me: "Are their hearts beating?"
Ultrasound lady; "yes, here, take a look!"
And then she showed me my two little beans and I saw their little hearts going. I was literally in shock. I know, we did IVF and they put two embryos in, but I only know of one other couple who have IVF twins. The ultrasound lady chatted with me a bit more and then sent me on my was to see Dr W next door.
Dr. W went over everything with me. They are both measuring 7weeks5days, I am due January 22, their heart beats were 167 and 152. She went over a bunch of other stuff with me, which I frantically scribbled down in my notebook. I arrived for my appointment at 10:30 and left at 1:00.
On the way home, I stopped off at a kid's clothing store and bought hubs 2 baby onesies that say "My Dad Rocks" and bought little dude a shirt that says "Big Brother". Came home and told my in-laws who freaked out. Literally.
When hubs came home, I gave him the present and he couldn't believe it! We then sat little dude down and gave him his shirt and told him about the babies. He jumped into our arms because he was so excited and pulled up my shirt to look at my belly to see if he could see the babies.
I called my mom, my brothers, my friends and my cousins to let them all know. We had a barbecue for dinner and my dad came and so did hub's sister and brother in law - everyone was so excited. It was the best anniversary ever!!
Can you believe it? Twins! I am trying not to freak out!!!
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




OMG this is awesome news!!! Congrats on twins!!
ReplyDeleteTwice the blessings! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteWow! I fully started crying when I read this! So so so happy for you! Twins! OMG!!
ReplyDeleteWow wow!! Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteAHHHHHHH I was literally jumping in my desk chair lol. I thought something bad had happened the way you started off the post!! I am over the moon for you guys!! This is AMAZING!! Congrats!!!!
ReplyDeleteI had a feeling when I saw your numbers. They were similar to mine. :) Congrats!!! I know it's scary, but it's a HUGE blessing. Soak it all in. :)
ReplyDeleteI knew it! When I saw your betas I was pretty sure you were having twins (ok, easy for me to say now, I thought another blogger was having twins too based on her betas but she's having a singleton). Congratulations! What an amazing anniversary present - and your son's reaction is just too cute! WIshing you a healthy and uneventful pregnancy!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you. I also was worried that it was bad news when I started reading your post so I was so excited to hear that instead it was double the good news. I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful day and I hope that you have many, many more!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What a lovely surprise. I wish you all the best in this wonderful journey. Me agapi!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! That is fantastic news and I will pray for their safe arrival into your arms!
ReplyDelete