Monday, July 11, 2011

A Tragic Death in the Family

Please do not think I have abandoned you or the blogs that I follow. It has taken me some time to write this post.

As most of my followers know, I have two older brothers. I am so saddened and heart-broken to tell you that on Saturday, July 2nd, 2011 my brother Christopher, aged 38 died suddenly after routine knee surgery. We found out that it was a pulmonary embolism after his autopsy.

He leaves behind his wife, Diane (33 years old), his beautiful son Evangelos (Evan - 2 years old) and a baby boy (Bryce) that will be born in December.

His death was so sudden and shocking. His funeral and burial took place in the days following his death and I can honestly say that the images of my parents faces and his wife's grief were the worst things I have ever seen in my life.

As you know, we are a very strong family and there were hundreds of people who came to his visitation and funeral. We are trying to adjust to the new reality of our lives without him as best as we can. Luckily, his wife and I are like sisters ourselves so we have been with each other since this happened. In fact, at around noon, I will go see her today to try to get her out of her house. She is having a hard time getting out but I know my brother would want her to be strong for his children. As simple as this sounds I know my brother would never in a million years want to leave his wife and his children.

I will try in the up-coming weeks to share more about how we have been doing as I would like to document as much as I can to share with my own children my memories of their amazing uncle.

I am now 15 weeks pregnant with the twins and they and my son Stathis are the reasons why I am able to get out of bed in the morning. I have decided that one of the twins will be named after him - we are still waiting on gender - but their is a Christopher or a Christina in my belly...

Please let your loved ones know how much they mean to you...God Bless

6 comments:

  1. Oh Marianne, I am so beyond sorry for your loss. I don't know how I missed this post. I hadn't seen anything for such a long time from your post that I wanted to stop by and say hi and then I saw this post. Please know I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God. I am so sorry. I cannot imagine what you or his wife are going through right now but I am glad that you can pull together as a family and hold one another up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this post as well, I am so so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marianne- I am so so sorry to hear this tragic news. I will be praying for you and your family during this heartbreaking time. Lots of <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this post too and I have no idea how it happened. I am so very sorry to hear this news. I wish there was something that I could say that would help. Just know you're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.