Yesterday my little boy had his first day of school. My hubby teaches at a school that has an early start so we decided that I would head into the Board Office where I work late and take little dude to school on his first day.
I woke him up and he told me that he didn't want to go to JK. He was nervous and scared. My anxiety level rose to about 100 in one millisecond. I was so worried about getting him fed, his teeth brushed and him dressed. I accomplished all of that with a tonne of convincing and negotiation. I triple checked his Spider Man back pack to ensure that his Spider Man lucnh bag was packed with his Spider Man water bottle and everything else he would need.
We finally headed out the door and got to the school. There were other children crying and some were playing. My little dude stood by himself and didn't cry. He was in a penned up area that has a fence around it. I stood behind the fence and he looked at me with his beautiful eyes and told me that he wasn't going to cry but that he would miss me. My heart melted. I took a deep breath and told myself not to cry. And then, the teacher came out and he lined up and went in. Before he went in, he gave me the thumbs up sign.
I cried all the way back to the car and to work. When we were home last night, he told me he loved JK. I am so proud of my little dude.
Quads turn 2!
6 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment
A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single supportive comment.